Friday night dinner, 1.26.18, what are you eating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We had potstickets, squares are shrimp, crescents are pork.

Attachments

• 2018-01-26 18.53.29.jpg
    2018-01-26 18.53.29.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 173
We had “dunch” at Olive Garden. I had soup, salad, and breadsticks, DH had chicken parm.

I taught DW how to make a yakisoba stir fry tonight.

She decided to leave out a few of the basic ingredients that I use like fish sauce, garlic, and ginger, so I just said to go with her instincts.

While it was plain (as always), it still came out very good.

I made one of my favorite soups tonight, tom yum gai. We supplemented the soup with some egg rolls from the local Chinese take-out place.

It was tenderloin tacos at the doghouse tonight. And, yes, Psycho-Poodle got some scraps.

I got a great deal on some tenderloin steaks from the Manager's Special bin at my Kroger meat department. I Froze one steak, and sliced the other one up, did a hot-n-fast cook in a cast iron pan, and diced the meat for tacos. I seasoned the meat with Fiesta fajita seasoning, and some cayenne.

Other ingredients used were chopped lettuce, homemade pico de gallo, Herdez salsa verde, crumbled queso fresca, and some lime wedges. Served on corn tortillas, lightly fried and formed into a "U" shape around a whisk handle. It falls somewhere between a soft tortilla and a crunchy tortilla. Best part is, it doesn't fall apart when you are eating your taco.

CD

Attachments

• T-Tacos001.jpg
    T-Tacos001.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 161
KL, when I go to Kroger, I ALWAYS look at the Manager's Specials. Half the time, there is nothing there that I want or need, and other times I make a big-time score. This was one of those times -- tenderloin for the price of sirloin.

BT, psycho-poodle lost his driver's license last year. Too, many speeding tickets. He has a lead-paw.

CD

It was tenderloin tacos at the doghouse tonight. And, yes, Psycho-Poodle got some scraps.

I got a great deal on some tenderloin steaks from the Manager's Special bin at my Kroger meat department. I Froze one steak, and sliced the other one up, did a hot-n-fast cook in a cast iron pan, and diced the meat for tacos. I seasoned the meat with Fiesta fajita seasoning, and some cayenne.

Other ingredients used were chopped lettuce, homemade pico de gallo, Herdez salsa verde, crumbled queso fresca, and some lime wedges. Served on corn tortillas, lightly fried and formed into a "U" shape around a whisk handle. It falls somewhere between a soft tortilla and a crunchy tortilla. Best part is, it doesn't fall apart when you are eating your taco.

CD

Looks delicious ? I love the serving dish, too.

We went out to a local Italian restaurant for dinner. The food was good but the service was disappointing tonight. There was a very large party - about 25 people - at a bunch of tables near us that seemed to get all the attention. Ah well. The calamari and crab soup were delicious ?

Back
Top Bottom