Friday nite dinners anyone? 9/22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Leftover salads <> broccoli/Waldorf/Spaghetti, with NY steaks on the grill marinating in Russian Salad dressing right now. Pomegranate Martinis.

What are your dinner plans?

Pork loin with mashed potatos and gravy, salad and broccoli..BORing.

Half Baked said:
Pork loin with mashed potatos and gravy, salad and broccoli..BORing.

But tasty.

We are debating dinner here. After reading the brats thread I am craving those now so we might be having a sausagey type of dinner here. We're having caesar salad for sure, but other than that its all up in the air here.

Tonight is the first night of Rosh Hashana so we are going to a friends house for dinner. My guess is that we are having brisket and turkey. I was in change of making a veggie so I made a baked asparagus with breadrumbs and parm reg. The recipe is on the site somewhere posted by Chopstix.

We have tix to see the Capital Steps tonight and then we'll have leftover beef/vegtable soup when we get home.

We may actually get to go out for supper tonight if hubby gets back in town in time. He's gone to help his dad run some plumbing in the camper at the lake. If not, I guess we'll have pizza delivered or something.

Happy Rosh Hashana, GB.

DH just called to say he thinks he may have the flu. Sofie has decided that sleep--naps or nightime--is for wimps and has had me up most of the last 3 nights and isn't napping for more than 30 minutes a day (I pray this is a passing fad)! The week seems to be ending with a bang!:wacko: IF I have the energy, I'll be making ABJ's roasted balsamic chicken. It's one of my favorites. I'll bake potatoes and have salad with it. If DH is really sick, I may just order pizza for me. I'd say I deserve it!

LEFSElover - Pomegranite martinis are my favorite!
GB- Happy Rashasha.

DD is having friends over after their first 8th grade dance and I am making their favorite - Tombstone pizza with non-alcoholic blender drinks - strawberry daquiri, orange creamsicle and chocolate. Her friends think I "make" the best pizza, ssshhh, don't tell anyone - I'll have to hide the wrappers quick!

It's just Stephen (the oldest boy) and I tonight. I just dug out two cryovac'ed steaks from the freezer, so it'll be pan-seared steaks, corn, probably some rice pilaf, and maybe some sauteed onions to go with the steaks.

LEFSELover andf Alix, thanks. I think I got some kind of bug but am feeling a bit better after two days. So hopefully it's going away.

Hope you feel better soon Southerncooker (soup! comes to mind, if you can stomach it).

We had breaded chicken breasts with onions, mushrooms, and green peppers from my garden that was bitter and disgusting (so we pushed those aside), and some potatoes.

amber said:
and green peppers from my garden that was bitter and disgusting (so we pushed those aside)
:LOL::LOL::LOL: Maybe some karma would help:)

A few nights ago I made some breaded chicken, and topped it with a bruschetta I made from tomatoes, tons of garlic, basil, evoo and green onions.
Try that one some time.

southerncooker said:
LEFSELover andf Alix, thanks. I think I got some kind of bug but am feeling a bit better after two days. So hopefully it's going away.

I wasn't feelling very well the other night either but my husband stroking my aching head helped, hope you're better now

Back
Top Bottom