Friday Oct 5 Dinner Plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
OK, I have some ground beef out thawing that I was going to make into meatballs and gravy or meatballs and tomato sauce. Now that I've been messing around in that ground turkey thread I may have to be more adventurous and try some bierocks (did I spell that right?). They sound tasty. Salad is on the menu and likely pasta to go with. Depends on what I decide on finally.

When I was shopping on Wednesday, I stopped at the farmer's market and picked up a mess of green tomatoes, so we're having fried green tomatoes tonight and rosemary herb bread. Doesn't sound like much, but we'll be stuffed when we'll be done eating. Can't wait.

I'm making fusili with tomato and mozzarella. If time permits, I'll hit the bakery on the way home and get some fresh bread.

Take out for us tonight. For me it will be Chinese food, and for my husband, a pizza.

We've been on a sandwich binge lately. Tonight it's homemade hot dogs from the German butcher up the road. They are outstanding! I'll put piccalilli and mustard on mine. Kim goes with mustard and cheese.

I've got to have some vegetables SOON!

I have a batch of chicken noodle soup bubbling away on the stove. Smells pretty good!

:)I made linguine,seared scallops with a roasted red pepper sauce I dont know why I made it I just felt like it plus green salad,rolls and apple crisp with vanilla ice cream,.It was a pretty ambitious meal for us but dh was gone for a week so I got the cooking bug.When the weather starts getting cooler I really get into more serious cooking

We went to a local bar/grill for a nachos appetizer, then to another favorite place for a take-home pizza.
:)Gosh,I wished I lived close enough to get good takeout.Alas thats not possible living 45 miles from town and no great takeout either. And yet a small price to pay living where I live.But sometimes it sure would be nice.

:)Gosh,I wished I lived close enough to get good takeout.Alas thats not possible living 45 miles from town and no great takeout either. And yet a small price to pay living where I live.But sometimes it sure would be nice.

Same here, jp. There's no fast-food or home delivery in our area either. The nearest shopping/fast food/delivery is about 30 miles away. Although, since I grew up without same, I don't really miss these things so much.

We had pork chops marinated in lemongrass, ginger, chilis, sugar, fish sauce,
soy sauce and green onions. It was supposed to have a splash of brandy but
I forgot to swing past the ABC store, oops. Grilled them and served with a
bag of Pictsweet steamfresh Asian veggies. Beth made spicy potatoes in the oven,
which were exceptional. And I don't much care for taters unless they are mashed or
baked!

Yesterday the market had lovely large thick fresh catfish filets, so I bought a couple. Slathered them with mayonnaise, sprinkled liberally with McCormack's Grill Seasoning For Chicken & ground cayenne pepper & baked them. Boy were they delicious!!! Served them with lemon wedges & a big romaine lettuce salad topped with lots of croutons & parmesan cheese.

Take-Out Thai. In my travels, stopped in at my long-time fave Thai Restaurant. The place was redecorated & the menu was different, but wanted to give it a try. Some dishes were good, and a few not as expected.

Steamed Thai dumpling - minced chicken, crabmeat & shrimp. (Good, but I expected a dumpling - these were more like sui mei (sp?))

Roast Duck Salad mixed veggies & spicy lime sauce.

Garlic shrimp (part of a special - came with fried rice (a little on the bland side), & vegetable spring roll. Shrimp was good, but a little too garlicky.

Pad Thai noodle with shrimp & chicken. Too full to eat it last night, so will have it tonight & add my own steamed dumplings, rice and egg rolls.

Not bad. I may give the restaurant another try.

ETA: When I got home, noticed they overbilled/charged my card, & they said it would straighten itself out? in a few days. I'll see what happens. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom