Friday Supper on 2022 November 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
What did you have for supper?

We had cold smoked salmon, bagels, cream cheese, sliced onion, capers, coleslaw, and dill pickles. It was yummy. It was a new-to-us brand of salmon. It's from a small company that gets their salmon from a company that raises them in a closed, recirculating, land based system. The salmon was tasty, but it had a "fishy, aka harbour" smell. It was poorly sliced. The slices were all in one giant pile, making it hard to remove single slices nicely. We used far more salmon than usual, but it didn't seem like we were getting more salmon per bagel. I'm not likely to buy this brand again, if others are available.

Attachments

• PXL_20221104_221059750.jpg
    PXL_20221104_221059750.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 3
  • PXL_20221104_221052565.jpg
    PXL_20221104_221052565.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 3
I'm making Corned Beef and Cabbage...and carrots, potatoes and onions too. I'll pop some biscuits into the oven, shortly. Comfort food.

I managed to pick up a headache while I was running errands today and didn't feel like cooking. Himself did a pizza run and picked up two small pizzas - chicken-broccoli-Alfredo and a cheese steak pizza. Planned leftovers!

We were having a pretty good thunderstorm, and the temperature dropped considerably, so I pulled chili out of the freezer and we had chili and grilled cheese sandwiches.
The rain was as welcome as the chili!

Over cooked the last of my giant scallops, :mad: . they were tasty though just a bit chewy. Lemon Risotto, last of the creamed Spinach.
Lemon Cookies.

Back
Top Bottom