Friday's Dinner - 7/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Fishy Friday ;
Breaded Scallops, Horseradish Sauce,
White Rice, Steamed Green Beans,
Cole Slaw...

Scallops, Breaded 7-15-22.jpg

We're going with fish today too! Halibut baked with carrots and cream, roasted potatoes (fingerling and other bits of small potatoes...using up extras!), likely a salad too.

LT, those scallops look delicious! One of my favorites! Hmmmm...may have to do some skewers soon!
smileys-thinking-082618.gif

Greek lemon spinach lentil soup with vegetable brown basmati rice. We made raspberry (from the new raspberry bushes) puree/jam today, and we'll have some on toast tonight.

I had to run up to Costco for a quick fix on my hearing aid so took the opportunity to pick up a few things, including a rotchik.

As a result, dinner was rotchik, stuffing and green beans.

IMG_0219.jpg

We hadn't had smoked salmon for a while, but it was on special and in the grocery order that was delivered today. So, we took care of that smoked salmon deficit.

We had the smoked salmon on toasted bagels, spread with cream cheese, and garnished with capers and sliced onions. I served store bought potato salad and coleslaw. Not nearly as good as the ones I make, but I have been low on energy lately, so taking some shortcuts.

This first picture is my plate. The bagel half on the left is what I do before I put the salmon on top. DH does it too. We do that so the capers and onion slices are firmly embedded in the cream cheese and don't try to escape while we are eating. We eat our smoked salmon open faced.

Smoked salmon on a bagel, coleslaw, and potato salad, Linda's.jpg

And this is DH's plate, with all of the onion and capers (oops, forgot he didn't have capers tonight, too fiddly for him today) hiding under the salmon.

Smoked salmon on a bagel, coleslaw, and potato salad, Stirling's.jpg

Last edited:
We should be able to finish up the leftovers tonight. Two slices of pizza and two small pieces of Mexican chicken. If we're still hungry, there are plenty of other things to nibble on. No one will ever starve at our house! LOL!

ZDIL made kabobs on the Traeger with meatballs, fresh mushroom chunks. Varied cherry tomayoes of red, yellow, and orange, and fresh pineapple chunks. To go with it, a simle green salad with sliced cucumbers. The kabobs were very good, though I can think of better protiens than meatballs. Oh, and there was a fairly sweet tomato sauce that could be put on the meatballs.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

ZDIL made kabobs on the Traeger with meatballs, fresh mushroom chunks. Varied cherry tomayoes of red, yellow, and orange, and fresh pineapple chunks. To go with it, a simle green salad with sliced cucumbers. The kabobs were very good, though I can think of better protiens than meatballs. Oh, and there was a fairly sweet tomato sauce that could be put on the meatballs.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
Try Turkish kebabs next time. You can make these as meatballs or patties, or wrap them around skewers. I love these flavors.
https://www.panningtheglobe.com/grilled-turkish-kofta-kebabs/

Took me a few to figure out 'rotchik'. Got it though! Then thought to myself, "myself? I wonder if Dr. Google knows what 'rotchik' is?"

Seems that you picked up some Rothschild for supper! ohh la la, don't you have fancy, elite tastes! :ermm::LOL::ROFLMAO:

The The "Rothschild" was especially tasty last night.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom