Fried ice cream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mexican mama

Senior Cook
Have you tried fried ice cream???i went to to this Mexican restobar near our place and guess what..new on the menu is Fried Ice cream,,.was hesistant at first but when they served me frozen choco flavored ice cream wrapped in tortilla then deep fried, it has a crust outside which protects the ice cream from spilling,it was also garnished with whipped cream and choco sauce..its one of my favorite desserts now..\
friedicecream-main_Full.jpg

County Fairs often have it: vanilla ice cream covered with a cake crumb and coconut batter and then quickly deep fried - to die for!

Of course, then there's also the classic baked Alaska - sigh!

*drool* Oh excuse me. Let me wipe my keyboard. Ok.
Can I just say YUM?! Fried ice cream and baked Alaska. Man this is going to be a good thread.

Now let's talk fair food too. Has anyone ever tried deep fried twinkie?:ROFLMAO:

No kidding Silver!! :LOL: I just saw that the Texas state fair is going to offer that at the next fair.

I've also seen deep fried Snickers too. Haven't tried it yet.
I tried the Twinkie. $3.50 I think it was. To me it was yucky.

No kidding Silver!! :LOL: I just saw that the Texas state fair is going to offer that at the next fair.

I've also seen deep fried Snickers too. Haven't tried it yet.
I tried the Twinkie. $3.50 I think it was. To me it was yucky.

For some reason, deep fried Snickers is big in Great Britain. I guess if the French can like Jerry Lewis, the British can like Snickers.

I do want to try the deep fried butter though! :LOL: And it sounds like something that Paula Deen would also like! :ROFLMAO:

deep fry anything

Oh, my deep fried twinkie, deep fried snickers and deep fried banana!!!:ROFLMAO:
I want to try it all...so far ive only tried deep fried ice cream...in the philippines where im originally from we deep fry bananas in syrup it's called a banana cue...from that it evolved to deep frying sweet potatoes..its a great after noon snack.
bananacue.jpg

Drive to Barstow California, stop at a Mexican Restaurant called Carlos & Totos, order their deep fried ice cream, and sit in desert heaven. I've had it in other places, but never so good as in Barstow.

As for friend delites, well, I will just have to think about that one. Oh, no contest. Home made jelly filled doughnuts, yeast raised and filled with home made strawberry freezer jam.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

As for friend delites, well, I will just have to think about that one. Oh, no contest. Home made jelly filled doughnuts, yeast raised and filled with home made strawberry freezer jam.
*wipes drool off her chin*
Man does that sound good.

Have never tried fried ice cream :s what am I missing ? I don't think it's introduced here yet, where I live. Can somebody share the recipe ? :D

recipe time

Have never tried fried ice cream :s what am I missing ? I don't think it's introduced here yet, where I live. Can somebody share the recipe ? :D

I got this recipe online...it can be with or without the tortilla

Fried Ice Cream Recipe

Ingredients -
2 cups Corn Flakes, crushed
20 oz chocolate chip ice cream
3½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
1½ tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon water
2 eggs
4 flour tortillas
Oil for deep-frying
Cinnamon mixed with sugar for garnish
Whipped cream for garnish
4 maraschino cherries for garnish
Preparation:
Divide the ice cream into 4 balls.
Freeze them solid, which will take around 2 hours.
Combine the Corn Flakes, sugar, and cinnamon and divide between 2 pie plates. Beat the eggs with the water. Roll each ice cream ball in the Corn Flakes mixture then dip the coated ball in the egg wash. Roll the ball in the other Corn Flake mixture, pressing the coating on firmly. Freeze these balls for 5 or 6 hours.
Shape the tortillas like hourglasses by cutting off curved slices from two opposite sides, so that the ice cream can rest on one end and the other end can be a decorative fan.
Heat the oil in a deep fryer or wok. Place the tortilla between two large spoons, with the smaller one on top. The base of the tortilla should be in the bigger spoon to form a basket. Rest the other part of the tortilla on the spoon handle. Deep-fry it until crisp. Drain and then sprinkle with some cinnamon sugar.
Deep-fry the ice cream balls for 30 to 45 seconds. Place each tortilla in a large-stemmed glass, with the fan part vertically above the glass. Place the ice cream ball in the base of the tortilla. Top with whipped cream and a cherry.
(Serves 4)
Mexican Fried Ice Cream Recipe | Traditional Mexican Desserts

2679749944_7699202a8d.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom