Friends?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nikki

Senior Cook
Hi Everyone! ;)
So after day one of this website, my verdict is that I like it. :)

Question: Do all of you who have friends on this website already know the people on your friends' list? Or are they simply people you've come to talk to over time on this website? I'd like to build up a friends list, but I'm not quite sure how. Would it be weird if I just start clicking around and adding people?

*I've always been awkward with that social stuff!* :LOL:

Anywho, I hope everyone is having a good week! :)

I don't know about anyone else, but for myself the friends on my "friends List" are registered users with whom I have come to know and like in one degree or another, just from their posts. I believe there are others, besides the moderators, that are more personal relationship friends, but that isn't always very evident.

Welcome, and I'm sure you will find what kind of friend(s) you want. Or maybe they'll find you! :chef:

I'm with Selkie. I have never met in person a single "friend" on this forum. But have come to know many from their posts. Some have even become "friends" on other sites like Facebook but still have never met personally.

i was blessed in meeting a great couple from this page, & spoke to several others in person.
the others either friended me or i friended them- i suppose from there being a liking for each other's personalities & posts.

We all like to have or be a friend..Some of us tho tend to hang back, not sure how the reception will be. I've been here a long time now and have some friends I dearly love and care about. Some have passed on, but are still prayed for each day. I enjoy all of you so I'll try to make this easy for both of us...Here's my hand, I'd like to be your friend.
kadesma:)

good.so you took one day to realize you like it. i liked it the moment i entered it

good.so you took one day to realize you like it. i liked it the moment i entered it

um, I'm not sure if that was meant in a nice way or a rude sarcastic way? I can never tell on the internet...However, I'm an optimist, so I'll take it in a nice way. Yes, I did take one day to realize I liked it. :)

nikki, you can send a friend request to anyone you like. Some folks use that feature more than others. And as for me, I've been here for a long time and I've not met anyone here in person, but I like to think I've formed some good friendships with people here. I think of this place as a family. We share the same joys and pains, births and deaths. I've talked over painful parenting moments as often as I've shared pie making tips.

nikki, you can send a friend request to anyone you like. Some folks use that feature more than others. And as for me, I've been here for a long time and I've not met anyone here in person, but I like to think I've formed some good friendships with people here. I think of this place as a family. We share the same joys and pains, births and deaths. I've talked over painful parenting moments as often as I've shared pie making tips.

Thanks! :) I like that advice, and will probably take it.. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom