Frisky Calf Salsa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Well, by now, everyone on DC has seen my Raging Bull Salsa recipe. Due toits intense heat level, very few want to get within fifty miles of the stuff.
For true pepper heads that just can't get enough heat, and I know a few, this salsa is great.

With the same flavor profile, my Frisky Cald is more for people who enjoy a hot salsa, but one for regular people. So, here it is, in all of it's high energy, hop around the pasture, glory.

For Small Batch:
1 15 oz can chopped tomato, with can liquor
1/3 onion, diced
1 medium small rib celery, sliced, with leaves
½ tsp. Black pepper
¼ Anehiem pepper, chopped
¼ Red Bell Pepper, chopped
2 tbs. Fresh chopped cilantro
½ tsp Tabasco Pepper Sauce
1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper
2 tsp. hot chili powder
1 tbs. Sriracha Sauce
2 dried Japone, ro your favorite dried pepper, crushed
1 tbs. freshly minced Cilantro
1 clove fresh garlic, minced
¼ tsp. Kosher Salt
1 tbs. Cooking oil

Heatoil in a heavy sauce pan. Add all ingredients except tomatoes. Sweat top bring out the flavors. Simmer for 45 minutes, or until veggies are soft. Put into suitable containers and chill.

Eat as a salsa dip, or used as a condiment on top of hot dogs, or betrer yet, on burgers. Use to flavor Spanish Rice, refried beans, chili, shredded pork or beef, or with wet burritos (enchiladas), tacos, , or tamales. Later, I will put out the recipe for my mild slasa, called of course, Contented Cow.:D

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Both the Raging Bull, and Frisky Calf salsa are gooe with line juice added. They are also really good with blueberry or piineapple added, pureed of course.

All of my recipes are starting points, or are the way I like them. However, I encourage everyone to change them to their own taste, or modify them into something they can call their own. My reciepes are tried and true, but of course made to my favorite taste profiles. If you want to add avacado, or scotch bonnets for their fruty flavor, or even cocoa powder, be my guest

Score! A freind just came over and made the Raging bull salsa recipe, in the scaled down form. He loves it. I can't eat much tomato any more, and he left me just enough to share with my daughter, about a half pint. He took about a full pint home. He said he wouldn't change a thing about it, that it's hot, but first you get great flavor, and then the heat starts building.

We did have to open windows though, as the apartment air became slightly irritating as the hot pepper powders were added to the oil, and veggies, before the tomato was added. We all started coughing, just a bit. But when it was done, it came out great. What better thing can happen to a person than a recipe is enjoyed by others?:mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom