Frozen dessert base

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Twilkes

Assistant Cook
Hi there, I'm making some Whisky Mac ice cream (whisky & sweet ginger) for Burns Night, but I want to use it as a topping on a base of some kind. But the base will need to be edible pretty much straight out of the freezer (the ice cream only needs 10-15mins to soften).

So what could I use for the frozen base? Am thinking about sponge or sponge fingers, possibly soaked in something to soften them up; or crushed biscuits/shortbread, possibly bound together with something like condensed milk; whole shortbread; or some kind of oaty-flapjack thing. Probably 1cm thick or so.

Given that I don't want to break people's teeth when they bite into them it, what would be the best base?

Welcome to DC.

Presuming that RB night is tomorrow or Saturday. Why does the base need freezing. It could simply be refrigerated until serving time, yes/no?

I'm thinking that yeast risen, crispy, Homemade with vanilla, sweet Belgian Waffles would do the trick quite nicely, and not need to be frozen. Or you could purchase pre=made waffle cones.

Just an idea.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom