FRUIT COBBLER - Tried & True - One Pan / Five Ingredient

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RAYT721

Senior Cook
Bisquick One-Pan Fruit Cobbler (Tried & True)

1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
2/3 cup milk
1 1/2 cup Bisquick baking mix
1 cup sugar
1 can (21 oz.) favorite flavor pie filling

Heat oven to 400. Melt margarine or butter in 11x7 baking pan. Add milk,
Bisquick mix and sugar. Stir until smooth. Drop spoonfuls of pie filling over batter. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.

RAYT721,

You think fresh peaches would work well with this? We have some good South Texas peaches here and I don't want them to go to waste. I could add a bit of sugar, cinnamon and vanilla, you think? I'm craving a good peach cobbler for this Summer. And Bisquick sounds like a plan to me since I don't want to be hours in the kitchen with this heat.

Dina

Variations to Recipe

Dina: I have seen variations of this original Bisquick recipe using fresh peaches so I see no reason not to attempt it. Let us know how it turns out! /rayt721

Hi guys,

Well I forgot to buy me a box of Bisquick mix and made my own instead. Here's my recipe and since I'm the heavy cream Queen, :LOL: I just had to add some in this recipe. It turned out delicious! :P

Fresh Peach Cobbler

3 cups peeled and sliced fresh peaches
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) butter cut in small pieces
Crust
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) butter
1/2 cup (or less) heavy cream

Lay sliced fresh peaches in a buttered 1 1/2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of sugar and cinnamon. Add a touch of vanilla extract (if desired). Dot with the 1/4 cup butter which has been cut into small pieces. For crust, mix together, flour, baking powder, 1 tablespoon sugar, and salt. Cut in the remaining 1/4 cup butter. Stir in heavy cream until dough is manageable. Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface; place over sliced peaches. Bake at 375° for 35 minutes, or until top is nicely browned. Peach cobbler serves 6.

Ha! And I said I wouldn't bake this Summer.

Dina

This recipe looks like the one I wanted last Friday. The Only differences I would make is I would put the biscuit dough on the bottom of the pan and bake it for a few minutes before adding the peaches. I would also add cinnamon and use either milk or nonfat half and half instead of cream.

Regina,

I forgot to add 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon in my recipe. You can't make cobbler without that spice. And I love to add a touch of vanilla extract to all of my desserts. It's up to you if you want to add it. Enjoy it!

Dina

I made more peach cobbler today and I was wondering how I can avoid too much liquid at the bottom. Perhaps tossing the peaches in some flour before baking? Any suggestions.

Dina

Dina, I would either toss the peaches in cornstarch or sprinkle some flour in the bottom of the pan. Good luck, tell me how it goes.

I don't worry about the liquid. As far as I'm concerned, cobblers are supposed to be sloppy. :roll:

We have cooked this in the cast iron Dutch Oven. We use the brandy instead of water. It is great. It is from Justin Wilson.

Blueberry Cobbler

For the filing:

½ cup (1 stick) margarine or butter
1 ½ cups sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
½ teaspoons salt
9 cups fresh blueberries, picked over for stems
¾ cup brandy or water

For the crust:

½ cup (1 stick) margarine or butter, softened
¾ cup sugar
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups apple or pineapple juice or milk

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. To prepare the filling, melt the margarine in a medium-size saucepan over a medium fire. Stir in the sugar, flour and salt and mix well. Add the blueberries and water, stir and heat thoroughly, about 5 minutes. Pour the mixture into a buttered deep 9 x 12-inch casserole dish and set aside

To prepare the crust, in a medium-size mixing bowl, cream the margarine with the sugar, then add the flour, baking powder, salt, and fruit juice and mix well. Pour the batter over the blueberries and bake until golden brown, about 1 hour.

Oh goody! Another great cobbler recipe to save and try. So many recipes so little time. ;)

Peach Cobbler

3 cups chopped ripe peeled peaches
1 ¼ cups sugar
3 tablespoons flour
Double-crust pie crust (recipe follows)
4 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon milk (to brush on top crust)
Cinnamon sugar (see note)

Make pie crust.

Preheat oven to 375 F. In a saucepan, cook peaches, sugar and flour until thickened. Place bottom crust in 8x8-inch square (or other similar size) baking dish and pour in peach filling.

Dot filling with butter and cover with top crust. Brush milk on top crust and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Cut slits in top to allow steam to escape. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown. (Tip: Place cobbler on cookie sheet.) Makes 6 to 8 servings.

Pie crust: Mix 22/3 cups all-purpose flour and 1 teaspoon salt in medium bowl. Cut in 1 cup butter-flavored Crisco using pastry blender until all flour is blended to form pea-sized chunks. Sprinkle with 5 to 6 tablespoons water, 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing after each addition. Toss lightly with fork until dough forms ball.

Divide dough in half. Press between hands to form two 5- to 6-inch discs. Flour dough lightly. Roll into circle on floured surface. Pick dough up by placing rolling pin on edge of circle and gently lapping edge of dough around pin. Roll away from you so dough is lightly wrapped around rolling pin. Place rolling pin over pie plate and unroll.

Note: Ms. Thomas keeps a supply of cinnamon sugar (3 to 4 parts sugar to 1 part cinnamon) on hand, stored in a jar with a shaker top.

PER SERVING: Cal 586 (46% fat) Fat 30 g (10 g sat) Fiber 3 g Chol 16 mg Sodium 351 mg Carb 74 g Calcium 17 mg

Easy Cherry Cobbler

1 can cherry pie filling - light (16 oz)
1 pkg cake mix for 1 layer cake - or sweet muffin mix
1 egg
3 T evaporated milk
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 c chopped nuts - optional

Put pie filling in lightly buttered 3 1/2 quart crock pot and cook on high for 30 minutes. Mix together the remaining ingredients and spoon onto the hot pie filling. Cover and cook for 2 to 3 hours on low. You may also use a lightly greased souffle dish in a larger crock pot.

Texas Peach Cobbler

----For the Batter---
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1 1/4 cup flour
2 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt 1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
----For the Filling----
4 cup sliced fresh peaches
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix together the peaches; sugar; cinnamon and lemon juice. Allow the mixture to sit while you make the batter; so the juices can be drawn out of the peaches. Put the butter in a 9x13-inch Pyrex baking dish and put the dish in the preheating oven. While the butter is melting; mix up the batter by combining the flour; baking powder; salt; sugar and milk. When the butter is completely melted; remove the pan and pour the batter into the melted butter. Then; carefully spoon the peach mixture evenly over the batter. Return dish to the oven and bake for 45 minutes. As the cobbler cooks; the batter will begin to rise up and around the peaches.

Butter Cookie Dough Cobbler--Peach

1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch salt
8 tablespoon unsalted butter; softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 large egg; or one yolk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 lbs peaches; peeled, pitted & sliced t
2 teaspoon corn starch
1/3-1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract; optional
pinch cloves; optional

Dough
Mix flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl and set aside
Beat butter and sugar until well blended.
Beat in egg and vanilla.
Add flour mixture; stir until just combined.

Fruit Filling
Toss to coat peaches, cornstarch, sugar, and any optional ingredient.
Drop dough onto prepared fruit by heaping tablespoons.

Bake @ 375 for 45-55 minutes.

This recipe is for a 8" square or 9" round baking pan. May easily be
doubled for a13x9 inch pan.

Recipes works for any type of cobbler.

Regina,

You're right. I still ate it all..sloppy and all. :LOL: It was soupy but yummy!

Alix,

I'll try some flour or cornstarch next time. Thanks.

Raine,

I didn't use water at all. I put the fresh sliced peaches at the bottom of a casserole dish and sprinkled them with 1/2 cup of sugar combined with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 4 tablespoons of butter then topped it with the dough. I never use water in my cobbler but you just gave me a good idea to use Brandy. You think it will be good with peaches?

Dina

Oh yes, brandy would be good with peaches, or try some peach brandy with them.

Back
Top Bottom