FryDaddy and GranPappy fryers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Traveler

Cook
I would like to know if anyone has any hands on experience with either or both of the fryers ? (Fry Daddy and Gran Pappy) specifically, do both of them have the power to keep the oil at a certain temperature when food is frying ?
Thank you.

PS do you know how long I can keep the oil in the fryers when NOT COOKING ? Does the oil go rancid ?

I hope this is not related to your previous question about oils for a restaurant.

I had a Fry Daddy for about 30 years. It was great for small batches of fried food for me and maybe one other person. It is not commercial equipment, for sure.

It is an excellent product for home use.

CD

Had a Fry Daddy years ago and as casey says it works well for small batches. Longevity of oil used for frying depends on what was fried and how it was treated afterwards. We bought a deep fryer with basket which we used for a while (still have it), but we find that these days a pot with a thermometer suits our needs and clean up is much easier. I don't think any home use deep fryers will not have a temperature drop when food is added, especially when adding frozen items like fries, onion rings or poppers.

I hope this is not related to your previous question about oils for a restaurant.
It is an excellent product for home use.

CD

No, not related to my previous question about oils for a restaurant. This is for home use only.

If you follow the amount the instructions recommend, you should be OK. If you try to fry too much at once, the oil temp will drop and your fry will not be as good.

Back
Top Bottom