Fudge Recipes Needed....please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CookinBlondie

Senior Cook
In the past, I have made fudge for Christmas, and it has turned out perfectly. Here's my dillema....One: I can't find the recipe that I have used in the past. It was on a Kraft Marshmallow Creme jar, and I don't have that particular brand at this present time. So I was wondering if you all had that recipe. Two: My dad LOVES peanut butter fudge, and every recipe that I have found uses peanut butter chips, and I don't think I have any of those; all I have is regular old peanut butter.

Do you all have any ideas about what I should do? Should I just wait until my mom and I go to the store, and buy more of that particular brand of creme? Should I use peanut butter as a substitute for the chiips? Everyone here is GREAT and I'm sure you all will be able to help me. Thanks in advance!

CookinBlondie*

I'm not able to help you out with the specific recipes you asked for because we don't really eat fudge, but I did pull this recipe out of a magazine because it looked really good, so I'll share what I do have. I will also post another rich brownie recipe that my family loves.

I'll post the recipes under the desserts section

Here's my mom's peanut butter fudge recipe, it uses plain peanut butter.

2 1/2C sugar
3/4C. margarine
2/3C(5 1/3oz. can)evaporated milk
1/2tsp. salt
1 1/2C. creamy peanut butter
1(7oz)jar marshmallow creme
1tsp. vanilla
1 1/2C. M&M's(plain or peanut-optional)

Combine sugar, margarine, evaporated milk, & salt in a heavy 3 quart saucepan; bring to a full rolling boil over medium high heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter until melted. Add marshmallow creme & vanilla; beat until smooth & well blended. Fold in M&M's if desired; immediately spread into greased 13x9 inch baking pan. Cool at room temp; cut into squares. Makes about 3 pounds of fudge.

Crewsk, thanks for the recipe. Before removing from the heat and adding the peanut butter, does the mixture have to reach a certain stage, like soft ball, or hard?

CookinBlondie*

It sounds like you are on your way, but here is another recipe. It is a no-cook recipe for a good PB fudge.

Peanut Butter Fudge
3/4 c Peanut butter
1/2 c Butter, soft
1/2 c Light corn syrup
1 ts Vanilla
1/2 ts Salt
4 c Sifted confectioners' sugar
3/4 c Chopped peanuts

1.Mix together peanut butter, butter, corn syrup, vanilla and salt; continue to mix until well-combined.
2.Gradually mix in powdered sugar; knead until smooth. Gradually knead in chopped peanuts.
3.Press firmly into a lightly greased 8x8 pan. Let set and frim befroe cutting into squares.

I didn't have time to make that fudge yesterday.:( I got up from the computer, and went into the kitchen to start it, then Law & Order came on (my all time fave show next to Law & Order SVU and CSI) so I got side tracked, and when I finally realized why I had come into the kitchen in the first place, I had to fix lunch...... Maybe I will try it later on today. Thanks again Crewsk for the recipe!

kanasgirl: I have never heard of this type before. What does it taste like; anything like the "regular" peanut butter fudge? And how about the consistensy?(sp?) I just want to make sure that I know what it is supposed to turn out like befor I actually make it. If you could answer some of these questions, I would be very greatful.

CookinBlondie*

I made some peanut butter fudge yesterday. Here's my recipe:

Peanut Butter Fudge II
Makes: ~ 4 ½ #

4 c white sugar
one 12 oz can evaporated milk
1 c butter
1 c crunchy peanut butter
One 7 oz jar marshmallow crème

Butter a 9 x 13” baking dish and set aside. Butter a 3 qt saucepan. Place buttered saucepan over medium heat, and combine sugar, evaporated milk and butter within. Heat to between 234 - 240°F (112 - 116°C), or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms a soft ball that flattens when removed from the water and placed on a flat surface. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and marshmallow crème. Beat vigorously until smooth. Pour quickly into prepared baking dish. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.

How to describe it? Perhaps a bit drier than regular fudge, without the ultra creamy, silky consistency of the kind that is cooked. I think that it is a great substitution for cooked fudge, without some of the hassle. It is certainly quick and easy!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom