Garlic & Maple/Brown Sugar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So back to the OPs question.... I once had some smoky candied garlic cloves served on chevre and crackers and/or pear slices. Maybe you could do something like this?
Hmmm, candied garlic... That's an idea!!!

I don't really use a recipe, but I brown chicken thighs, add as many cloves of garlic as I feel like peeling (10+), some chili paste or sriracha or red pepper flakes and a couple glugs of real maple syrup. Put in enough water to cover the thighs halfway, cover and cook til the thighs are tender. The garlic cloves will be soft enough to mash into the sauce. Serve over rice with some steamed broccoli or asparagus on the side.

That would taste great! It could probably be done in a slow cooker, right? (Once the chicken is browned I mean...) Hmm... That sounds good...

No Nikki, you don't need to go to culinary college to learn how to cook. Try having 6 kids and endeavouring to provide something they would ALL eat EVERY night. There's a quick learning curve.
Thank God for the immigrants that came to Australia after WW11...they brought with them such wonderful vegetables and food ideas. Where would be be without garlic, capsicum (bell peppers), zuccini and fried black pudding!!!
Every tried that?.... Heaven can wait:P

That is an awesome flavor combination with acorn squash.
I would stay away from the "fake" maple syrup which is basically just corn syrup and maple flavoring. Try to find some real maple syrup and blend it with the garlic then brush it over your squash (cut in wedges) and sprinkle with brown sugar and kosher salt. Bake in a moderate oven and brush a few times during cooking. More of a fall season item but inspiration knows no season.

If it were me, I would put a bit of orange juice in the sauce along with orange zest sprinkled over with the brown sugar. Didn’t want to intrude on your vision though.
log cabin sugar free maple syrup has NO corn syrup in it and it tastes GREAT!!

diabeticfriendly_2103_56012785

Ingredients: Water, sorbitol, maltitol, nutrasweet, cellulose gum, natural & artifical flavors, salt, sodium hexmetaphosphate, sodium benzoate, sorbic acid, sucralose.

Nutrition Facts Serving Size 1/4 cup (60ml) Amount Per Serving
Calories 20
Calories from Fat 0
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 150mg
Total Carbohydrate 8g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugars 0g
Other Carbohydrate 8g
Protein 0g

No Nikki, you don't need to go to culinary college to learn how to cook. Try having 6 kids and endeavouring to provide something they would ALL eat EVERY night. There's a quick learning curve.
Thank God for the immigrants that came to Australia after WW11...they brought with them such wonderful vegetables and food ideas. Where would be be without garlic, capsicum (bell peppers), zuccini and fried black pudding!!!
Every tried that?.... Heaven can wait:P

now THAT'S a lot of kids! :LOL: I fully agree that that life experience would be equal to, if not greater, than culinary school :LOL: (Just don't tell any cooks that went to school that I said that ;) lol)
I agree about that too, how all of these different cultures have introduced us all to such amazing foods and flavours that we wouldn't have known of unless we travelled to these other countries.. It's pretty amazing! :)
Hmm, I'm tempted to try this fried black budding thing...

Ingredients: Water, sorbitol, maltitol, nutrasweet, cellulose gum, natural & artifical flavors, salt, sodium hexmetaphosphate, sodium benzoate, sorbic acid, sucralose.
Glad you like it, but have you ever considered that perhaps all those chemicals are not good for you? :wacko:

Nikki, I am not too crazy about crockpot chicken--cooking it on top of the stove only takes about 20 minutes after the browning stage. About the time the rice is done, the chicken is too.

I don't know how much is in a glug--a tablespoon maybe?

using sugar free syrup, lets me enjoy pancakes or french toast. otherwise just couldn't eat them.
i think the log cabin sugar free doesn't have that chemical after taste. i like to dip into the syrup. i actually like to eat pancakes, french toast and such without syrup and just use butter most of the time, i do like to dip breakfast sausage links/patties in the syrup sometimes. what brand sugar free syrup do you like? i can't eat/drink to many sugar free things. they bother my stomach and give me heart burn. i like truvia best then splenda. coke zero isn't to bad but i don't drink that much. mostly i drink arizona UNSWEETENED tea, seltzer and fresca (i don't really like soda).

log cabin sugar free maple syrup has NO corn syrup in it and it tastes GREAT!!

diabeticfriendly_2103_56012785

Nutrition Facts Serving Size 1/4 cup (60ml) Amount Per Serving
Calories 20
Calories from Fat 0
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 150mg
Total Carbohydrate 8g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugars 0g
Other Carbohydrate 8g
Protein 0g

thank you my dear. could not have said it better myself. i just let it slide, good for you.

babe

getting back on topic, i just got home from vermont and thought of this thread when i saw jars of maple pepper, maple pepper with garlic, and maple pepper with habanero.

i bought a jar of maple pepper. will post results when i figure on what to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom