GCC - Chocolate Challenge Build Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So who is competing besides Kathleen and me? I have my recipes already and have talked a good friend, who happens to be a photographer to come over and I will cook, she will shoot and we will both eat! Sounds like a win/win situation!
LPB, I type good, and I know a little html.
Will transcribe your chocolate recipes into cut-n-paste, DC-post-ready, text files with adjectives to make all the judges salivate. My barter offer is for a large plate of every contest entry coming out of your oven. whadayasay?

I wonder if anyone has received a PM message of any contestant's menu in advance... would that be a scandalous case for jury tampering? ;)

Photographer? That is a win-win situation. I have a camera....it will have to do. :ROFLMAO:

I have a camera.....doesn't mean much of anything. :(

You sound like a ringer! Well, I'm not intimidated by people with real talent! I might be intimidated by LP's photographer though! ;)

Don't be intimidated about it, she promised me she'll be easy on the rest of you and without her my creations could be wonderful but you wouldn't be able to tell!

Three of my courses have you in mind! Seriously! :chef:
I think I can handle that one as well, PF.

~Kathleen

Okay, let these games begin. It looks for the moment as it is just the three of us, but it's serious competition! :LOL:

Ok, I'm in! I had to do some research and see if I could figure out what I could make that my bf and I would both enjoy, and I think I've figured it out. I'll start cooking asap! :)

So we're up to 4 then? That makes me happy! The competition is going to be fierce with all of these awesome cooks!

Did we get clarification as to whether we are doing 3 or 5 dishes and how do we submit our dishes? Is there a particular time that they need to be in by and can we submit in advance? Also, this critique, is there a format to follow so we are all evaluating the same things?

All we need is the chairman to start the competition I guess!

Goodweed of the North said:
Ok. Let's set the date for Saturday, February 12. That gives everyone time to prepare their menus and purchase the ingredients.

Suggested Rules:
Contest participants must create five (5) courses including an appetizer, main course, , beverage, and desert. The main course must include a vegetable and a meat entry, though a combination of the two could be substituted.

The food must be consumed by the contestant, with an accurate critique given by the contestant describing the quality of the food. Showcase plates of the cooked items will be photographed and submitted with complete recipes for each item to be judged.

Judges: Will agree to give their honest opinion of the recipes items and judge by the following criteria:

1. Artistic Plating - 0 to 10 points
2. Best use of the theme ingredient - 0 to 10 points
3. Most imaginative use of the Theme ingredient - 0 to 10 points
4. Quality of the food:
A: Flavor 0 to 10 points
B: Texture 0 to 5 points
C: Desirability of food items 0 - 5 points

If we can get enough judges, then maybe each judge could pic a recipe to duplicate and give their opinion so that all could be judged by actual taste and quality.

All food items must be made by the contestant. You can't by a box of bon-bons and call them your own.

Meal may consist of breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner.

These rules are just what I've thought up out of my head. I'm open for suggestions.

Please, if you say you will participate, either as a contestant, or judge, please follow through. I spent money and time in the last contest of this kind, and no one else ended up participating, even though there were several people who said they would. This can be a fun thing, even something we might do on a semi-regular basis if we want to. And it's a great way to test ourselves. Just look at the pictures and recipes from the last Golden Chef contest. I really learned a lot about how versatile oats can be.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I was going to go by these rules, and I'm planning to have my bf be my official taster (and myself of course) to help me figure out how many points each dish deserves. I'm planning to just have everything put together and ready to submit all at once, on the 12th. You wouldn't want to submit things early, after all, because that leaves people open to cheating! (Not that anyone would do that ;) )

I went to gather all of my ingredients today. Tonight, I plan to do some of my prep work. I'm so excited about making my courses! :chef:

*in thick-reverb announcer's voice*
Oh No! The front-runner LPBeier has bowed out. We hope she's okay. But, the contest is now up for grabs. It's a horse race. We're all tied in the fourth quarter. It's anyone's game, kids!

I thought they closed on the 15th, 9 pm PST.

Yes, inquiring minds do want to know, GW. I am looking forward to being part of the next Challenge. Hmmmm, how about cake for the secret ingredient.....?:angel:

Congratulations to DaveSO for garnering the most votes in the Golden Chef Chocolate Challenge.

I ask, who is the clear winner of this challenge? We all are. We have seen how, when challenged, new thoughts and ideas emerge. Those who participated really thought outside the box and came up with amazing dishes. They stretched their imaginations and came up with high quality recipes. I thank all of you who entered.

And a special thanks to Alix and LPBier who put together the polls.

Fro the next ingredient challenge, what do you all think about mushrooms?:chef:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom