GCC Convenience Store - PF Main Dish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrincessFiona60

Ogress Supreme
Moderator Emeritus
Main Entrée: “Burnin’ Down The House”

2 servings of pasta, cooked
6 ounces of Beef Jerky, soaked to reduce salt, drained and chopped
Braise until tender with 2 teaspoon coarse grind pepper

Make Roux:
1 Tablespoon Butter
2 Tablespoons Flour
Cook until light tan color, stir in
1 pint ½ and ½

Stir until thickened, add one half can of peas and ½ can of sliced mushrooms. Stir in 1 can of French-Fries Onions and Jerky. Warm through and pour over cooked noodles, Enjoy!

Critique:
Shrek: “That’s pretty good, different! It’s almost Stroganoff."

PF: “Needs salt, but it tastes good. A little bland, would be good with some peppers in it and the fried onions took over the flavor…but it was fun using the jerky! The jerky softens with cooking, but remains dry.”

Attachments

• Convemience Store 009.JPG
    Convemience Store 009.JPG
    161.9 KB · Views: 235
mmmm, that's what I'm talking about!
Maybe it would be less bland if you had used Slim Jims :chef:
:LOL:

mmmm, that's what I'm talking about!
Maybe it would be less bland if you had used Slim Jims :chef:
:LOL:

I think it was the fried onions that made it bland, the whole can even if it was the small one, just over-powered it.

I think it was the fried onions that made it bland, the whole can even if it was the small one, just over-powered it.

I'm thinkin' that with a bit of adjustment, this would be perfect camp food.:chef: Again, the idea was sound. Just tweek it a little. Maybe add some fresh shrooms, and a little garlic. The jerky, I think, would add the perfect smoky flavor to this dish, though I might have minced it to turn it into a meaty seasoning.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I'm thinkin' that with a bit of adjustment, this would be perfect camp food.:chef: Again, the idea was sound. Just tweek it a little. Maybe add some fresh shrooms, and a little garlic. The jerky, I think, would add the perfect smoky flavor to this dish, though I might have minced it to turn it into a meaty seasoning.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

LOL! I would have used fresh if they had been available. Thanks, this was my very first thought when we were joking about a convenience store challenge. I am a jerky freak and haven't had any since my dental surgery!:ermm:

I like the idea of mincing it and I think just one rinse would have been enough to remove the salt. Half the onion or even less.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom