GCC - Mushroom Challenge Build Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have my dessert figured out...not made, yet...but thought of it while coming home from Costco!...Now, to make it and figure out the rest of my menu!:LOL:

Kathleen if you had said no I would have had to come over there with a pallet load of mushrooms and locked you into your house until you finished your courses...even if it took you a week! Of course I wouldn't look because I am competing against you and that would just be wrong. :ermm: :LOL:

It is looking like it will be a really great field of entries and I encourage anyone else to come on board as well.

Oh, and I like Spork's idea of the one week poll time. As long as it is kept in for forefront so people do vote.

Entree Question: Is the mushroom considered a meat substitute? Can the entire meal be vegetarian???

I am a firm believer that mushrooms are not only viable as a main (I was a vegetarian for several years and still eat meatless a lot), they are actually their own food group! :angel:

Last edited:
I ended up incorporating my Side dish into my Entree and creating another Appetizer.

I would hope so! A main course is a main course!

BTW, when will you include me on a mushroom hunt???

I think I gave the wrong impression. My "hunt" was hitting the local grocery stores that might have something other than button mushrooms and sell enough of them that they aren't old.

I think I gave the wrong impression. My "hunt" was hitting the local grocery stores that might have something other than button mushrooms and sell enough of them that they aren't old.

:LOL:

Hah, my Japanese Cuisine is sinking in...I knew that was a Pine Mushroom!

My Uncle Rick was the Fungi in our family!

Our family had Uncle Roy. :ROFLMAO:

I have a (probably stupid) question about the beverage - it doesn't have to be alcoholic, right?

I am going to do my appetizer tomorrow. We didn't get to the big market in Vancouver this weekend, but I can get what I want for it at my local organic store.

I have a (probably stupid) question about the beverage - it doesn't have to be alcoholic, right?

I am going to do my appetizer tomorrow. We didn't get to the big market in Vancouver this weekend, but I can get what I want for it at my local organic store.

I hope not, mine is decidedly non-alcoholic! I'm getting excited for next weekend...I will be doing at least two of my dishes. I have to do some fancy footwork, the dishes I want to use...I only have 2 bowls and 2 salad plates. Don't know what glassware I'm using for my beverage, yet.

I hope not, mine is decidedly non-alcoholic! I'm getting excited for next weekend...I will be doing at least two of my dishes. I have to do some fancy footwork, the dishes I want to use...I only have 2 bowls and 2 salad plates. Don't know what glassware I'm using for my beverage, yet.

Personally, nothing I ever post will be alcoholic. What is posted as a beverage is up to the contestant. Beverages can be soft or hard. I understand that just because I don't use alcohol doesn't mean that others can't, and vice/versa.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Arrrrrrgh! I've already had to make substitutions. Some of the mushrooms I wanted will just not be available...in Montana...in February! I got everything else, though!

And they can't be shipped in? :)

We are supposed to be getting what we can get locally. The supplier for the store does grow the mushrooms...but not at this time of year.;)

The mushrooms I ended up with came from California, but they don't have them now, either.

My subs will be just fine!:)

I'm not very far from a university. Perhaps they have the mushrooms you are looking for?
:angel:

A New Rule to this GCC-Fungi is hereby declared: no psilocybin, aka magic mushroom, is allowed, and any contestant so using the fungus will be accused and summarily found guilty of jury-tampering.

Back
Top Bottom