GCC - Mushroom - LPBeier

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The appetizer is ingenious, both a soup and a dip for a sampler of crispy mushrooms. Nicely done, LPB! Plus 10 points for your sportsmanship restraint from overly using your oven skills to blow this contest away.

Wow! Awesome ideas! Like spork, I love the appetizer. The steak on the mushroom made me smile on the turnabout from what is normally seen. Loved it! And the truffles made my mouth water! I'm not a coffee drinker usually, but the drink looked awesome too. Great job!!!!

...and another 2 yums up for you, LP! EVERYthing looks amazingly scrumptious and beautifully presented. I'm going to make that mushroom soup...looks so colorful and healthy and I love the side of crispy tempura fried mushrooms...clever compliment! wtg

Did I mention yet that I'm impressed? The portabella cap with bits of steak on top, all upside down compared to what everyone else does, well that was genius. And I loved the dessert. Just goes to show you that us Northerners, well, we are second to none in the cullinary arts. You don't have to be from South of the Mason/Dixen line, or from New York, or Paris. There are great cooks everywhere. This challenge showcases our creativity.

Thank you LP, and everyone else for giving us your best. Great job LP. You're one of the best.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I just realized that I have only posted 2 recipes out of four. I can't do it now and if you want to judge me down on that it is fine. I will get them up as soon as possible.

I don't think having the recipes up is as important as the descriptions and the pictures.

Okay, okay guys, take it easy. Here is my menu, with pics and critiques. I am going to post the recipes in their normal categories and link them here....just in case anyone is silly enough to want to make them :rolleyes:

I say silly, because I really let my passion for food and love for mushrooms let my creativity walk a little on the whimsical side. I hope you like them as much as I loved putting this all together.

Appetizer - Spinach & Mushroom Soup with Mushroom Tempura Croutons

Main - Mushroom and Steaks with Mashed Sweet Potato and Broiled Tomato with Spinach Pesto

Beverage - Porcini Latte

Dessert - Truffle Truffles in Dirt

I am giving the menu to you here as a bit of a teaser and will put each course up separately as fast as I can compile them. :)
What is porcini powder & where do you get it?

I now have porcini powder, dried porcinis and dried candy caps showing up in a couple of days.

Can we have a re-do on the challenge? :)

Or let's combine and have a chocolate and mushroom challenge - at least I won't have to think up a dessert :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Same here. I have a bottle of home-made chocolate syrup in the fridge... Mushroom cheesecake with chocolate sauce??? :LOL:

Same here. I have a bottle of home-made chocolate syrup in the fridge... Mushroom cheesecake with chocolate sauce??? :LOL:

I remember seeing a link to a candy cap cheesecake on Google when i was looking for any info on candy caps.

What gets me is the shipping charges....they are MUSHROOMS!!! They have no weight! :huh:

The place I ordered from said Free Shipping with any order of 10 pounds of mushrooms...they are all dried mushrooms. It would cost lotta bucks to get 10 pounds.:wacko:

Okay--where do y'all buy these mushrooms? I am planning a trip to MN in April (and could start having stuff shipped that I can fit in my suitcase) once my parents are back from TX at the end of the month.

Okay--where do y'all buy these mushrooms? I am planning a trip to MN in April (and could start having stuff shipped that I can fit in my suitcase) once my parents are back from TX at the end of the month.

Mine are coming from foodoro.com.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom