GCC - Mushroom - LPBeier

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok..

Candy cap latte. Not sure I am ready to nix it, I might need a little more mushroom in it, but I think the mushroom is getting lost in the coffee. The porcini is a bolder taste and stands up to the coffee better (so far). Since I have a whole HUGE bag of candy caps I can keep at it till I get it right or run out. :mrgreen:

On edit I do want to mention the last bit was ok.. a lot of settlement and the bulk of the mushroom down there. This is an Italian roast and is very bold, so I think it isn't allowing the subtleness of the mushroom to do its thing.

Last edited:
Ok..

Candy cap latte. Not sure I am ready to nix it, I might need a little more mushroom in it, but I think the mushroom is getting lost in the coffee. The porcini is a bolder taste and stands up to the coffee better (so far). Since I have a whole HUGE bag of candy caps I can keep at it till I get it right or run out. :mrgreen:

On edit I do want to mention the last bit was ok.. a lot of settlement and the bulk of the mushroom down there. This is an Italian roast and is very bold, so I think it isn't allowing the subtleness of the mushroom to do its thing.

Might want to try a medium roast or a light roast. Did you pulverize the candy caps? and how much did you use in your experiment?

I was thinking a lighter roast might help, don't have anything lighter right this minute.

I used two little ones... mayhaps 1/2tsp powdered. I used the mortar for that.

I was thinking a lighter roast might help, don't have anything lighter right this minute.

I used two little ones... mayhaps 1/2tsp powdered. I used the mortar for that.

Thank you Frank! Too bad I can't hand you a lighter roast, I have all sorts of coffees...

If you find a Breakfast Blend they are usually a light roast, like if you wander out for a coffee;)

Trying to get rid of me? Or am I buying and you want delivery?

Nope, just suggesting a high powered Coffee for your evening pleasure...at 0030...you'd get no sleep. But, if you want to buy and deliver, I'll leave the porch light on.:LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom