Geography

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
I live in the center part of the state of VA. The town we live in is a wopping population count of 1,400 poeple. Some of the farms in the area are larger than the town. However, there are a few housing developments that are being built just out of the limits and we will soon be incorperating them in.

I work in the City of Charlottesville with a population of 57,000 with the UVA students.

There are probably more car vs deer accidents than car vs car.

Jonesboro has over 50,000 and is the home of Arkansas State University.

I am about 90 miles from Memphis Tn. but now that my WSM is on order I have no reason to go there. :D

brian j said:
i'm from viriginia which is in the mid-atlantic area of the united states.
virginia is half the size of texas but its population is twice as smart.
barbecue originated in virginia.
:P

:LOL: :LOL:

I'm just a dam Yankee.....living in the rust belt....and not smart enough to know what the population or size of my state is....

I live in Indiana near a town called Stroh. The town has a whopping population of 450 people. In 2000, the population of Lagrange County was 34, 909. This area has lots of small lakes and a lot of seasonal out of towners (called "Lakers" by those of us who live here year round) with lake cottages. We live close to the southern Michigan line and the western Ohio line. Les works in Michigan mostly but has had a few jobs in Ohio and occasionally in South Carolina. I am a stay at home mom.

New York..no not the city !!! Western area north of Niagara Falls..Bordered by the Niagara River (across from Queenston and Niagara on the Lake eh ) and Lake Ontario. Very rural, but subdivisions popping up daily filling up with all the folks from Niagara Falls and Buffalo who want to live in the country... Town population is around 17,000 with a majority of those living within the boundries of the 1 sq. mile Village of Lewiston.

wittdog said:
I'm just a dam Yankee.....living in the rust belt....and not smart enough to know what the population or size of my state is....

"Only two things come from West Seneca, NY......" :LOL: :LOL:

wittdog said:

afraid not on that part witt....a yankee would be someone thats from above the mason dixon line....a dam yankee is one that comes down....and stays. :D

Peter said:
john pen said:
New York..no not the city !!! Western area north of Niagara Falls..Bordered by the Niagara River (across from Queenston and Niagara on the Lake eh ) and Lake Ontario. Very rural, but subdivisions popping up daily filling up with all the folks from Niagara Falls and Buffalo who want to live in the country... Town population is around 17,000 with a majority of those living within the boundries of the 1 sq. mile Village of Lewiston.

Ah, Lewiston ..... I misspent some of my youth there, back when the drinking age in Ontario was 21 and 18 in NY. Need I say more ......

Now its the other way aound..21 here, 18 there..

brian j said:
i'm from viriginia which is in the mid-atlantic area of the united states.
virginia is half the size of texas but its population is twice as smart.
barbecue originated in virginia. :P

Excellent!

I'm from an Island ....... a very long island. Way to many people here for me to count.

I live in the "Piedmont Triad" of NC (so named for Winston-Salem, Greensboro, and High Point), some 20 minutes from the middle of Lexington - one of the umpteen places that claim to be the center of the bbq universe. After 30 years of living in VA (a bbq wasteland for the most part, with several notable oases here and there) I moved back home a couple of years ago.

About 12 years ago we took our Boy Scout troop to Ontario and spent 2 weeks canoeing in Quetico park. That is an experience I won't forget - seeing such beautiful country, unchanged since the days of the Voyageurs. I'd love to do it again sometime.

I barely remember going to Perry Sound when I was a kid.
Saw bear claw marks on a tree right next to the cabin we were staying at :shock:

Puff said:
Saw bear claw marks on a tree right next to the cabin we were staying at :shock:

Isn't Perry Sound the Home of Bobby Orr ?

Back in 1976, I was prohibited from entering Canada along with a buddy of mine. We were hitch hiking, rode up to the border on the back of a flatbed 2 1/2 ton International. Searched us once, twice, three times. Called my buddy military riff-raff and me a "Long Haired Hippy Type" (I did look alot like the Hamns Beer guy). They then asked us to sign a statement saying we were voluntarily withdrawling our applications for entry in to Canada. Being the smart ass I was (some say still are) I asked what would happen if I should refuse to sign that piece of paper. The reply was that I would be deported back to the USA via someplace in the heathen state of New York. I was in Pemina North Dakota at the time. Not wanting to visit New York State, I signed the paper and walked back to the USA side of the border...that is another story. 8) :LOL: :D

john pen said:
Puff said:

Isn't Perry Sound the Home of Bobby Orr ?
Good :?: Mr. Penn.
Maybe some of our Canadian members could anawer that.
As for me .....not a clue........just bear claw marks :shock:
One hell of a player though ;)
Man I remember seeing the Red Wings at the old Olympia Stadium in Detroit with my Dad. I think the names are coming back to me now ;)
Back in the day we could go damn near anywhere in the stadium.
I remember being right by the lockerroom door when the players came out.(on their skates) To a little kid they were 10ft. tall, only ropes seperating us and them.

Well enough of that rant ;)

Yes I believe that Parry Sound is the Home of Bobby :D
Hey Dats
Pembina? Was the border town call Maida?
If it was I spent most of my summers there, as a kid :shock:
My Grandmother lived in North Dakota, about twenty yards from the Canadian Border

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom