Ghosts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I live in the house that my family built around 100 years ago. Mrs Hoot says it is haunted,.
I ain't sure but I have had some weird things happen. It sounds strange, but once,I swear, I could smell my mother's uncle. He lived here all his life. Died here several years ago. He always chewed tobacco and he heated his room with a wood stove. The smell was a mixture of the two. My sister swears that she heard the heater in his room open. Thing is, that big old cast iron heater was removed from that room shortly after his death.

I'll have to read this whole thread when I've got some time on my hands, I love getting into the ghostly mood for halloween. There is meant to be a couple in my house, I'm witnessed them a couple times, but I'm not convinced it's ghosts yet.

I wouldn't say my house is "haunted" just visited. Mostly from my son Jymm who passed in 1999 and my mother-in-law who passed in 2001. My son will let us know he's around with the scent of cigarette smoke and playing with the volume on the radio and he used to do funky things with his brother's computer.My m-i-l has changes positions of glasses in a cabinet and the scent of her perfume has been present at times.We have all become accustom to these visits and like knowing people we love are still around us.That's just stuff that happens in our house- there are other signs they choose to let us know they are around at different events and places.Love and energy, Vicki

I wouldn't say my house is "haunted" just visited. Mostly from my son Jymm who passed in 1999 and my mother-in-law who passed in 2001. My son will let us know he's around with the scent of cigarette smoke and playing with the volume on the radio and he used to do funky things with his brother's computer.My m-i-l has changes positions of glasses in a cabinet and the scent of her perfume has been present at times.We have all become accustom to these visits and like knowing people we love are still around us.That's just stuff that happens in our house- there are other signs they choose to let us know they are around at different events and places.Love and energy, Vicki

this sounds like something I would like! I have told many of you about Coast to Coast on the radio and it really has piqued my interest. My brother always tells me about things on the radio show that the bible mentions. I really do not think the bible approves of apparitions but many of the stories do tell of how they saw different spirits themselves and t hey were not condemned for it.

Once when i walked through cemetery near my house around 9-10 at night I did hear something screeching but one of my brothers told me had to be an owl. Walking through the cemetery is always kind of interesting when it is dark. I know the stupid skunks and coyotes are plentiful at that time but yet have to see something 'flying' by. I like going through there when I feel too disgusted with the living. Go at night just to let them know I trust and believe in them. I haven't clue what I would do if I saw figure with an image of person there. I really should take my dogs at that time.

Just natural for people to like to hear something of 'unknown'. what about the Blair Witch project? Anyone remember that? i saw some kind of travel channel that had show about special place that was haunted. I know here in St Louis there is mansion that is said to be haunted with Lemp family from brewery of same name. It is now kind of landmark that on Halloween they have radio show about the different sounds they hear. On third floor they say one of the children was murdered or died anyway she sometimes shows herself at the window. It is Lemp Mansion and you can take tour of all the mansion except the third floor no one gets to go into to.

My brother always tells me about things on the radio show that the bible mentions. I really do not think the bible approves of apparitions but many of the stories do tell of how they saw different spirits themselves and t hey were not condemned for it.

I think the Bible is against WORSHIPING ghosts or other spirits. I mean if we can believe in angels and other spirits and believe in life after death, why not believe in ghosts?

ITK we have stories like that about The Franklin Castle. I've never been there so I don't kow if it's true. But I do believe something is/was happening there.

middie/jabbur

thanks for helping me feel more assured about my experience. When something happens to one person without a witness (brother) how can you question their word? I just believe that their are things, such as angels, that surround us daily. We cannot SEE them because we may abuse the privilege that we are given. I surely don't know why it always something electrical that takes place or certain odors we smell. This is only one way of communicating that we cannot prove to someone else that it happened. I think it is for our knowledge alone. Having m y room light up after I turned off the light was sure surprise and when I asked for someone to come into my room they couldn't see anything. After I turned the light on and off again it was gone. It happened twice but did not scare me. Just figure it was angel letting me know they are there. Hopefully good angel. I am happy you believe in angels.

Anyway thank you for your understanding. Why can't more people be as considerate as ones on this site? Maybe others should know there are spirits around and we have to hope they are the good ones.

Back
Top Bottom