Giada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lmas8

Assistant Cook
I love Giada! She has such a great personality and makes such great dishes. I also enjoy watching her "Weekend Getaway" show when she explores a city through its food. I think that is so true, you can learn so much about a city just by eating the dishes they are known for. This is especially true when you travel internationally.

I enjoy her show as well. we have tried several recipes and generally like them a lot. The most recent, lemon nut cookies, was a bust though.

Giada DeLaurentiis

I'm a fan of her "Everyday Italian" show on the Food Network. When I was first learning how to cook I watched her TV show every day and picked up a lot of tips and information about foods. :chef:

the sound of her knife through on onion on her cutting board pioneered such food-o-vision which is now taken for granted. I still think her show has some of the most seductive food photography on TV. Yes many of her recipes are great to. While not strictly authentic, her carbonara is awesome!

One of my favorite chefs...love her bubbly personality and how she really savors the food she eats...also she's gone a long way from the camera shy chef to this confident and beautiful woman
giada-delaurentiis-3-08073.jpg

Pretty, latin passion, comes from a wealthy family, and is an excellent cook... what better combination!?

yep... great show, great recipes, great skills and techiques. One of the best on FN.

you can learn so much about a city just by eating the dishes they are known for. This is especially true when you travel internationally.

I agree, and its even more true when you are unable to travel internationally. Unfortunately, I cant get out of the country much, but visiting the specialty markets, or the different city cultures ( chinatown, little italy, korea town..) their restaurants and shops, I at least feel like im getting a "taste" (pun intended and not intended) of what it might be like if and when I get the chance to explore some of these countries. Sure, its not the same , but still a nice way to get a foreign experience , without going crossing the border. hopefully Ill get the chance one day to visit and try all of these cuisines first hand.

As far as Giada goes, I agree she appears talented, and the few recipes ive tried have been good. But, I just have a hard time watching the show. Its just too over produced for me ( like other shows). I like the basic , get in and cook, minimal editing, no music, no 100 different camera angle shots. Just cook. But, thats me :)

LOL, she could click back the perk-o-meter about a thousand notches though.

She has the same exact ice cream maker I do!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom