Gimme Some Skin - new forum look!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Andy is doing some "tweaking" what exactly are you finding hard on the eyes? Color? Busyness of the screen?

Hi Alix, my problem remains the time it takes the pages to load, if it loads at all. I hit the reload icon which seems to help (sometimes). I like the busyness of the screen, actually. The pastel colors are cool, too. But I do like the blue of V1.0. (Go figure.) I am not complaining; just trying to figure out what is wrong with my system. No one else seems to have too much trouble with the loading issue.
Chau, Marty

Hi Alix, my problem remains the time it takes the pages to load, if it loads at all. I hit the reload icon which seems to help (sometimes).
Marty,

Let me guess, are you using Internet Explorer? If so, can you test the page load time with the right column on and then off. I think the way IE works is that it's requiring the whole page to download before it shows up on the screen (past the header) but in Fire Fox and Safari it shows the threads and then the right column last. I am looking into solutions for this.

Right, Andy, I use IE. I try to keep everything simple with my laptop. I have had too many bad experiences with downloading too many programs. Sorry. I have disabled the loading of the right side of the URL. It must be my computer, because I am certainly not seeing a lot of other people reporting this slow loading problem. This was NOT a problem that I ever noticed before. I will just shut up and endure. Mine is not to reason why.
Chau, Marty

Not hardly; we will just keep on tickin'. V 1.0 is good and V 2.0 is improving. Thanks for all the hard work.
Chau,
Marty

Back
Top Bottom