Good Morning to All!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Polish Paul

Assistant Cook
I am a new member and in a hunt for a certain soup recipe! We have 2 Greek restaurants in town and they serve a soup called "Rosa Marina" which contains Orzo Pasta and I believe only vegetables in a meat stock which could be beef but I'm not sure. They are unwilling to share their recipe so I could use someone's help on this. If anyone has a recipe for this soup would you please share it with me?

Thanks,

Polish Paul

Rosa Marina is the name of the pasta a/k/a orzo. So........there are vegetables? Are there any tomatoes in it? No meat, correct, only a beef stock?

It has a Tomato base with carrots and celery and onions as veggies and they call the soup Rosa Marina Soup. I'm not sure of any spices it contains however I have never seen it contain meat.

Good Morning Paul! Welcome to DC. My questions are: is the soup light in color or dark in color and do you detect a hint of lemon flavor?

Well, that blew my first theory out of the water!!:LOL:

Do some research on a soup called Domatosoupa Me Lathi. I'm not saying it is the soup you are asking about, but it may give you some ideas. I hope this helps, and again Welcome to DC.

Good Luck!

No lemon taste that I detect. The soup color is red as that of Campbell's Tomato soup with a beef bouillon flavor.

Well, they might even use Campbell's condensed soup, along with some beef boullion - does the soup have carrots, peas, celery?

Does it taste like Campbell's tomato soup for a base? What vegetables are in it?

I found this recipe at South Bend Market.
Rosa Marina Soup
A vegetable soup with onions, celery, carrots, orzo, basil and tomato juice. Easy and delicious.

Ingredients

3 cups Chicken Broth
5-6 Green Onions
2 large Celery Stalks
1 large Carrot ( ¾ cup)
½ cup orzo pasta
Salt
Pepper
Garlic powder
Parsley
Basil
24 oz V8 juice