Got crepes? Dinner Thurs, 9/28

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Due to the crepes thread that was active recently, Craig decided we needed to have the 2 cheese crepes (or rather crespelles would be more accurate since it's Italian) dish. Made the Sicilian type tomato sauce yesterday afternoon and I'll make up the crespelle batter today in time for it to sit a bit before using. Cheeses will be fontinella and mozzarella, with some Parm R for garnish on top. Salad on the side. Maybe some garlic bread, we'll see.

Taking a meal to my friend who's stove has not yet been delivered to her new home.

Making a "Leek, Mushroom and Gruyere Pie" with some "Delectable Marinated Chicken" on the side.

Found some thick, frenched pork chops at TJ's so.. (no idea why chain grocery stores always have skinny pork chops) :wacko:

Fried chops, mashed potatoes with gravy and coleslaw for dinner..

Banana pudding for later..

Ross

Found some thick, frenched pork chops at TJ's so.. (no idea why chain grocery stores always have skinny pork chops) :wacko:

Fried chops, mashed potatoes with gravy and coleslaw for dinner..

Banana pudding for later..

Ross
Must be a regional thing. My Kroger always has thick-cut pork chops. Don't get me started about the "assorted" chops, though :rolleyes:

Not sure what's for dinner tonight. Looking for inspiration.

Must be a regional thing. My Kroger always has thick-cut pork chops. Don't get me started about the "assorted" chops, though :rolleyes:
Not sure what's for dinner tonight. Looking for inspiration.

Don't have Kroger here... Safeway, Lucky, even Walmart all have skinny chops here.. Never have understood why skinny chops are so popular..

And... yeah on "assorted"... lol

Ross

I'll be grilling some country-style pork ribs. We'll have l/o pilaf and a veggie to complete the meal.

Don't have Kroger here... Safeway, Lucky, even Walmart all have skinny chops here.. Never have understood why skinny chops are so popular..

And... yeah on "assorted"... lol

Ross

Ralph's is Kroger in Cali. I've noticed when I am out their, the meat departments are stocked differently than stores around here.

CD

I repurposed pulled pork from a leftover previously cooked pork loin. A friend had brought over a huge meal for us and our visiters a couple days ago that we barely made a dent in. Now to figure out what to do with all the leftover (very) garlic mashed and the corn.

Last edited:
I repurposed pulled pork from a leftover previously cooked pork loin. A friend had brought over a huge meal for us and our visiters a couple days ago that we barely made a dent in. Now to figure out what to do with all the leftover (very) garlic mashed and the corn.
Got bacon? Corn chowder :yum:

Our dinner.

Attachments

• 2017-09-28 18.00.16.jpg
    2017-09-28 18.00.16.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 96
I had this piece of leftover pork loin I had to use up, but how? Himself and I headed out together today since I needed to get to the grocery store that was closest to the cheapest gas prices - and his car was running on fumes. On the way I started thinking, and came up with Cuban sandwiches. Bought what I needed when at the store, then decided on roasted potato wedges as the side while we were riding home. As a bonus, the store had a 4-pack of Cuban rolls! Not unusual for that store, but not a regular item either. It's as if I was supposed to make Cubans tonight.

Attachments

• 20170928_214829.jpg
    20170928_214829.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 96
l/os here 2. :chef:

I gave my wife a few tips on how to make calamari marinara, but I neglected to mention how much actual calamari to add to the sauce. She thought about a pound of frozen squid would be enough for the three of us.

The 13 year old food processing machine (aka the boy) killed off most of it by the time I sat down at the table. :ermm:

So my dinner was l/o London Broil, and l/o veggie fried rice.

Back
Top Bottom