Granpa's salad dressing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puff1

Chef Extraordinaire
My granpa gave me this recipe,it's kind of a honey mustard, minus the honey. 1 small onion chopped fine
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp celery seed
3/4 cup sugar
3 heaping spoonfuls mustard (ballpark)
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup vegatable oil
dash water
mix in blender sufficiently
enjoy

It's kinda' funny you say that, i used to watch HEE HAW, with him, prime time saturday night :D . I wish i could say that to him, he passed away in july, he was 98, i sure do miss him, he was like a father to me. :-( . Enjoy the dressing, somtimes i don't use all the sugar. It just seems like to much.

Will do Puff. Your post here made me think of Pawpaw Finney and what I good time I would have when I would go visit him and Mawmaw. Picking up grocery bags full of peacans and then sitting around and shelling all of then for pies, cakes and candies. A couple blocks from them lived uncle Swan(ie). He made the best sausage I have ever eaten.
Memories of the good old days.

What about pickin' the stones out of beans before you can cook em', the smell of gramma's home made bread in the oven, or just sittin' on the porch on a sunday listening to a ball game. Man i'll tell ya' things sure have changed, but what i learned from him, made the man i am today. I could tell you stories for hours, i'm sure you could too. All i gotta' do is crack a nice cold beer sit back close my eyes, and i'm there again. (sorry i got so mushy)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom