Green Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hlcole

Assistant Cook
We have a restaurant in the Dallas area called La Finca which servers the best mexican food I have ever eaten, which is saying alot since I love mexican food.

They have a dip they serve, along with the chips and salsa, they call "green sauce". They told me it has sour cream and guacamole. I just can figure out the rest of the ingredients. It is the best dip I have ever eaten and would love to know how to make it.

Has anyone ever heard of "green sauce"?

If I had to take a guess I would say it has pureed tomatillos in it.
Give it a try and let me know if it works out.

If not that, try roasting and pureeing some green chilies with some chicken stock and adding that.

Here is a recipe that I found on the internet.

Green Sauce

1 tablespoon of minced cilantro
1 whole avocado -- ripe
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon onion -- minced
1 clove garlic -- mashed
1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
2 tablespoons lemon juice

1. Blend all ingrediants with whip.
2. Let stand at least one hour befor serving.
3. Refrigerate left over sauce.

Hmmm....I joined a couple of pals a few months ago at a LaFinca in far north Dallas..Plano/Frisco area. The food was very good there. I wonder if it is the same restaurant...??

Anyway, I think you're referring to a Salsa Verde, which this restaurant served with corn chips, along with regular salsa and pica de gallo. To make Salsa Verde...

Combine in a blender:

1 pound tomatillos
2 small chiles
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
1 cup fresh cilantro
salt
1 clove garlic, peeled

When it's nice and smooth, add more salt, if necessary, and about 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.

Yummy stuff.

La Finca

Audeo,

It's in Allen next to the Sage Telecom building. As far as I know its the only one of its kind. It is our favorite place to eat. Big Bowl was our second favorite until the closed it.

The green sauce I am referring to is a third dip they sometimes bring out. They used to always bring it out but now you have to ask for it. It is more like the recipe "SierraCook" described.

SierraCook, I may try that one you posted. It is very close except I don't detect any onions in La Finca's. But I didn't think about the milk when I tried to duplicate it before.

This site is great. I can't believe I never stumbled onto it before. Thanks for the responses everyone.

Back
Top Bottom