Greetings from canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bread & butter

Assistant Cook
my first attempt at an online discussion group - bear with me, please!
Live with my darlin and dogs on a beautiful lake in B.C. - we are semi-retired ranchers but do odd part-time work. Travel to Wyoming for 5 months in the summers to help care for our elderly mothers.
Am a novice naturalist and weaver and spinner but my first love is making and baking bread. Use organic whole wheat we mill ourselves and purchase organic unbleached flour for my "hearth" bread. Have had jersey milkcows in the past, and also love making butter - hence the nickname.
Wanted to ask folks about the health benefits of slow fermented bread - as well as a bit of scientific info regarding the process.
B&B

Welcome bread and butter :)
We have a bread and sandwich topic here on Dc, that you can post this question to our members. I'm sure one of our bread bakers will jump right in to help...I've made a long rise bread and prefer it to the reg rise...In fact am looking for more recipes so that I can advance past the one i've been using..So post a question over on Breads and Sandwiches and I'm sure you will get some helpful answers...

kadesma

Welcome to the forum!

I love baking bread too but don't get much opportunity to do so. I hope you'll post some bread making tips :)

Bread & Butter - I will add my small toot in that I love to listen to nice folks that have long experience, as I know everyone knows more then me on at least something. Please post often and become one with the nice people that contribute to this site. I like to learn ;-) Casper

Last edited:
Bienvenue, b&b

you need to meet subfuscpersona and bethzaring and a whole bunch of other serious breadmakers. But you need to meet all of us, actually.

Have a seat!

It's funny how our minds work. When I first saw your name, Bread & Butter, the first thought I had was bread and butter pickles. The funny thing is that I love bread and butter (especially warm sourdough), and I hate bread and butter pickles! I'm glad you have decided to join us, and I look forward to reading your posts about bread and anything else you want to talk about. :cool:

:) Barbara
9.gif

Hi Bread and Butter from a Fellow Canadian; I'm in Northern Ontario.
Love makig bread but I have to used a ABM to do the work of kneading(arthritis).Then I take over.What kind of bread are you making; is it
sourdough? or Biga?

Back
Top Bottom