Greetings From Fabulous Las Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LVDeb

Cook
Went searching for info on mincing and storing ginger. Got quite the helpful education. Decided to stay.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

I too welcome you to DC. There are so many helpful people here. We all love to share what we know, and sometimes, just sometimes, we DISCUSSCOOKING.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Thanks guys. Feels good to be back in a traditional forum, too. I was beginning to think they were a thing of the past.

Cooking Goddess! Pleased to meet you too.

Yes, yes, 'tis a wonder he still lives. However, he is redeeming Himself by cleaning the cast iron wok before I use it. I do have to say on his behalf, I never have to ask twice, bless his heart. :)

Aloha from the 9th Island! Mahalo nui loa for the kind greeting. Yes, I like it here already. Feels like home, just like Hawaii.

Hi Deb and welcome to Discuss Cooking. I found DC by way of internet searching for info on either quark or German cheesecake. I can't remember which, but quark is used in German cheesecake. In any case, I had a look around and decided to stay. I'm glad I did. That was 12 years ago. I actually met a couple of people from here. Went shopping at a local Asian market and then to lunch at a Greek resto with one and lots more with the other person, including buying half a baby bull.

Last edited:
Merci, TaxLady! You know, when I saw "quark" my mind went right to the old desktop publishing program.

Love your avatar pic.

Welcome to DC.

What's that pepper called again? Sorry
27696-albums1090-picture7036.gif

Hi, Deb!

Boston and Cape Cod here but we love Vegas! Haven’t been since March 2020 when we both came back with Covid but we are super anxious to go back.

Welcome and Happy Cooking!

Jenny

Hi, Jennyma and thank you! That's okay, I haven't been to Boston or the Cape since 2000! I have very dear friends there (and grew up in NY—summers in Salem were a thing for my family!). I do miss it. New England Clam Chowdah forevah!

Lord, what I'd give for a real seafood restaurant with sawdust on the floor out here.

Thanks, GotGarlic! Haven't been to Virginia in AGES, but my ex-business partner lives in the Roanoke area now. The pictures she posts are lovely.

Back
Top Bottom