Greetings from Wyoming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wyotex

Assistant Cook
Hi all!

My name is Mike. Although from Texas, I live in Wyoming where I work in Information Technology and as the pastor of a small church in the town that I reside with my family and two feline overlords.

For as long as I can remember being allowed around a stove and a knife, I have loved to cook. Probably genetic. My grandfather, a Cajun from Louisiana, worked in the bartending/restauranteur business after getting out of the Navy after WWII. Although long past away, my grandfather's gumbo recipe - which I've remembered by heart - seems to be a way to stay connected and share my love of cooking with others as he did with me.

Aside from cooking, I love to travel. I have been to France, Japan, Italy, Spain, Greece, Turkey, the UAE, and Syria. I have a deep interest in French cuisine but I am also keen on Mediterranean foods, particularly Levantine cuisines like Lebanese and Syrian.

Glad to be here.

Welcome, Mike! :flowers: I love to hear about special recipes that have been passed down from generation to generation.

From one slave to a kitty to another. :LOL:

Welcome to Discuss Cooking :) I love Levantine cooking, too, although I haven't incorporated it into my routine as much as I would like. I'd love to see some of your favorite recipes and meal ideas. I was just at a Penzey's Spices store and picked up some ground sumac; I also have some za'atar and whole fenugreek that I haven't used much.

Back
Top Bottom