Grilled Potatoes with Garlic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raine

Executive Chef
Grilled Potatoes with Garlic

1 1/2 lb. small red new potatoes -- scrubbed
4 garlic cloves -- unpeeled
2 T. olive oil
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
4 sprigs fresh rosemary
2 tsp. white wine vinegar
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 green onions -- thinly sliced

Prepare the grill or heat the oven to 450°. Make a tray from heavy-duty aluminum foil by folding the foil over for double strength and folding up the sides; oil the tray. Cut the potatoes into pieces no larger than 1 1/2 inches.

Combine the potatoes, garlic, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt in a medium-sized bowl; toss to coat the potatoes. Spoon the potato mixture into the foil tray, keeping the potatoes in one layer. Top with the rosemary sprigs.

To grill: Grill the potato mixture 5 inches above medium-hot coals, covered, turning occasionally, for 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and crisply browned.

To roast: Roast the potato mixture in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan in 450° oven, stirring occasionally, 30-40 minutes or until they are tender and browned.

Meanwhile, whisk the vinegar, mustard, remaining 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt and the pepper in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk in the remaining tablespoon of oil. Discard the woody rosemary stems from the grilling tray. Squeeze the garlic cloves from their skins into the dressing in the bowl. Mash them slightly into the dressing.

Add the potatoes and onions to the dressing; toss to coat. Serve warm.

Yields: 4 servings

Sounds like a great recipe, Rainee. I'll have to try it. Just got my grill up and running this past weekend.

An easy way to marinate vegetables or meat without a lot of ingredients is to use bottled dressing such as Italian. You can also add a few spices for extra flavor.

Thanks for sharing...

~Kathy :)

wow,i love potatoes..any kind,and they look really yummy,will make them we do barbe cue the next time,thanx rainee!

I too will try out that recipe. It isn't often you find a recipe for grilled potatoes. TY :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom