Gross Stuff We Love to Eat!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LEFSElover said:
the crispy fat from the baked ham

tamale from lobsters

raw fish, like sushi

What's sad? My wife and two sons know to share the rib-eye and ham type fats with me. I am completely ashamed, but I love it anyway. I just try not to cook either that often that it might have an impact.

Casper

Ok, I thought of one.... I LOVE burnt popcorn... be it from a microwave or from a bottom of an aluminum pan. I don't like the smell, but ohhhhhh will I search out the burnt pieces and gobble them down!!!

wait, i'd posted potted meat/viennas, 'cept i'm rescinding- sorta-uncooked eggs with various components.

Last edited:
Gizzards are yummy. I love intestines of cow or lamb. I wash very well then fry. Also love chicken livers for breakfast as a treat from time to time.

Gizzards, I like to simmer them in chicken broth till fork tender, great snack. Want to try putting them on skewers when tender, and grill basting w/butter, garlic and hot sauce.

Hey Barb, how long do you simmer them?

My Mom used to make them fried, but then she either simmered
them in red wine and stuff or simmered them first. I remember them as
breaded, but moist, with bits of bacon adhering... yum.

It is one of the few Family Recipes I didn't get from her before
she moved along, darn it.

I marinate mine in red wine, garlic and stuff, then bread them with
House of Autrey Medium Hot breading, but am still wondering about
Mom's methodology....

So does anyone else use blue cheese dressing as a dip? Might as well
clog all the arteries at once, right? :)

Chicken gizzards is an integral part of Cajun cooking. It's what makes dirty rice, "dirty!" I used to get the butcher so upset when I'd show up close to closing time and ask him to grind some chicken gizzards for me, because then he had to take the grinder apart and clean it again.

another fan of sushi/sashimi, caviar, and pate.

devilled kidneys are a fave. chicken livers in garlic butter too.

i love tripe in a garlic tomato sauce, and blood sausage/puddings. and i prefer most meats to still be twitching.

i used to drink the blood from a package of meat when i was a kid, becuase it was supposed to be good for you. another "healthy" breakfast treat my mom whipped up was raw eggs in chocolate milk and seltzer.
i don't know about healthy, but i have a nice, shiney coat.

Back
Top Bottom