Halloween At Cat's House

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CarlSchellenberger

Washing Up
Happy Halloween, y'all!

Cat and Lakisha (that's L. She said I can use her name and her mom's name) threw me out of the kitchen when it was time to clean up, so Cat goes, "Go post of this on DC. Make yourself of use. Boys cannot clean anything properly!"

Well, I can. I keep our dorm room clean, because Tyler is a total stranger to any kind of cleaning or cleaning supplies. But Cat had Lakisha helping her, so it's not like I just walked away, leaving it all to her.

There's a horde of what Cat calls beggars that attack this community every Halloween. I didn't know, so when I saw this ton of candy I was like, really, do we need all this?

She's right! There's maybe 2 handfuls left.

Y'all know I was Dracula, Lakisha was a witch, but Cat changed her mind and ran to Walmart and got a cat costume. She didn't want to cut holes in a good sheet and ruin it.

Everyone here's awesome! Cat's plates looked great. I hadn't ever seen things all mixed up like colors and all. Mom has stuff that matches, but she doesn't have anything with all different colors.

Dinner was great. Cat's going to post her meatloaf recipe later. She makes it with half sausage, half ground up sirloin steak. It's not a meat brick like my Mom's. It almost falls apart. Lakisha put bacon and a bunch of seasonings in the green beans, and she and Cat put together a salad of baby spinach, romaine lettuce, radishes, red onions, roma tomatoes, real crumbled bacon, croutons, chopped hard boiled eggs, shredded extra sharp cheddar, and dressings. They had blue cheese, ranch and Italian dressing for us. I like Italian. The corn was pretty simple, you know, but it was really tender white corn.

During dinner, the beggars were at the door constantly, so we'd take turns to go, the three of us. I got to know Lakisha better and her mom, Danielle. Danielle has asthma like me. Miss Stela is awesome, and her boyfriend Al is a really funny guy. Gwen's real nice and gentle and kinda quiet but sweet. She's a retired librarian. Al's a retired lawyer and he had really funny stories about idiots in the courtroom.

I really had a great time here. I was invited to other parties but I'm not old enough to drink and I knew this would be more fun. I'm not the partier. I've been to some parties, yeah, but it's a lot of drinking and stupid crap so I quit going.

Okay, so it's time for a Monopoly game and then she'll take us home. Have a good night, y'all, Happy Halloween and all that good stuff.

Carl

And our Monopoly game is to be suspended. I must get my friends home now.

Happy Halloween!

With love,
~Cat

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom