Halloween Treats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Juliev

Washing Up
What were your favorite halloween treats as a child?

I always used to go trick-or-treating around my grandma's neighborhood... there was a lady that made chocolate brownies in neat halloween shapes and frost them with orange or green frosting. She used to wrap them in colored foil... I loved that. I also liked getting mini snicker bars.

mudbug said:
Chocolate candy bars - the bigger the better. I always felt cheated when I got an apple.

yeah, there were those too... an apple or an orange.. one time I got a little package of wrapped cheese (now I would love that!).. kinda like you'd get in Hickory Farms.

When I was growing up there was a lady across the street from us that gave away popcorn balls but she made just a few so if we wanted one we had to get to her door early :D

My mom could never get me to go trick or treating..Just to timid back then. But after I married and had kids, I loved making caramel apples for the kids in the neighborhood. Still do it now, but have added chocolate popcorn balls as well...
kadesma

mudbug said:
Chocolate candy bars - the bigger the better. I always felt cheated when I got an apple.
Hey mudbug, how about the people up the block who give ya a toothbrush :LOL: :LOL:
kadesma

kadesma said:
My mom could never get me to go trick or treating..Just to timid back then. But after I married and had kids, I loved making caramel apples for the kids in the neighborhood. Still do it now, but have added chocolate popcorn balls as well...
kadesma

Yeah, I think I got a few popcorn balls..and I love caramel apples.. they aren't plain ole apples. I think I got rice crispy treats too all wrapped up.

WOOT high school trick or treating!! lol i think the best thing i've ever gotten was 10 dollars (by keep changing masks and my height) or those giant candy bars. I feel soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo young on this board. but its still good hearing the stuff they had "back then"

i liked the big Hershey bars.
did anyone else's Mom and Dad make them throw out any candy that had even the mildest imperfection in the wrapper? we'd come home and dump out these pillowcase-sized candy bags and end up with about 2 peices of candy after she made sure i wouldn't get any bad candy.

there was a lady who lived on the next street from us. she always handed out money. lady who lived next to us worked at american greetings so she was always handing out some neat stuff like strawberry shortcake
stationary

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom