Hand surgery.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought it was a typo, but was drawing a blank. Thank you.
I moderate on some boards where there are a few people whose spelling can be rather weird, so am used to reading mis-spelled words as they are meant to be, not as they are typed - so I actually read that as wearing, automatically putting in a "w" at the beginning.

It was not until you queried it that I looked back and saw that it said "earing"!

I apologise for my flippant response, but I have a rather warped sense of humour which I find difficult to suppress at times!

Phaedra, thanks for asking. My son is back to normal. Actually right at this moment, No One is ailing in the household! Which is unusual with 4 kids in 3 different schools, 2 sets of parents, 2 sets of grandparents... lots of entry places for germs and nasties! :-p

I'm losing patience with my hand. Think it should be moving along faster - I know it is perfectly normal but that doesn't mean I'm not frustrated waiting. Still in the itchy achy stage. And violently reminded if I forget... :sneaky::evil::ROFLMAO:
Have things I want to get on with! An egg to carve and a gingerbread lighthouse. I'll try to post pics of progress with them. I'll post a link... when I find it, lol.

Shhhhh Dragnlaw - the evil ailer fairy might hear you! Luckily my days of children bringing home germs and nasties are long gone, as mine were born before the MMR vaccine so whichever child got one of them first, sure enough the other one came down with it just as the first one was recovering. They went through the lot, although Chickenpox had one advantage as it got my son out of nappies at 19 months.

Sorry to hear your hand is still bothering you so much, but it will get better once it is fully healed. It's so easy to forget though and automatically go to do something - and get the screeching ouchies for forgetting.

The gingerbread lighthouse sounds intriguing but I'm not sure why or for what an egg needs to be carved. I don't think my imagination is working too well at the moment!

Yes I saw your thread [I automatically check "What's New" when I come here] it and was amazed at how you can manage such intricate and delicate work. Absolutely beautiful!

funny you should ask! LOL, today not a good day. dog gave hand a truly nasty jerk this morning at 5:30am. Been hurting ever since. But the stictches coming out on Weds. should help.

I don't think I'd better ask what your dog was doing at that unearthly hour - my dog was still fast asleep at that hour, so was I! We are both owls, not larks!

Without getting into 'ad naseum' history Maya (blind dog) sometimes has trouble negotiating upon wakening. My spine has trouble negotiating upon wakening. Cane in good hand, fingers in collar, guiding to stairs. She suddenly decides to go backwards (legacy of confusion) but one of my fingers (aka trigger finger) also still not healed, got caught and unable to bend... and the rest is history.

20210410_074223.jpg

"Mom, please tell me that cat is not laying on my legs!"

yeah, forgot to mention, she last went out at 9pm - sometimes she can go til 6 or even 7am but I don't argue when she starts thumping into walls. I'd rather get up than clean up.

As my small monster little darling sleeps in a crate in my bedroom [first dog ever to do so but at 3 weeks old and barely 400gm it was too risky to have her on my extra high bed], and doesn't actually go to bed until around 1:30am, it is not unusual for her not to ask to get up until midday - or later. I should add that she insists on the door of her crate being shut and the dohickey across it. It's her bed and even though it's in my bedroom, it's disturb her at my peril.

She knows when I finally go to bed [around 3am] and when I surface [late] in the morning - opens an eye then goes back to sleep. She's happy. I'm happy. And we just suit each other perfectly.

As my small monster little darling sleeps in a crate in my bedroom [first dog ever to do so but at 3 weeks old and barely 400gm it was too risky to have her on my extra high bed], and doesn't actually go to bed until around 1:30am, it is not unusual for her not to ask to get up until midday - or later. I should add that she insists on the door of her crate being shut and the dohickey across it. It's her bed and even though it's in my bedroom, it's disturb her at my peril.

She knows when I finally go to bed [around 3am] and when I surface [late] in the morning - opens an eye then goes back to sleep. She's happy. I'm happy. And we just suit each other perfectly.
I would love to see some pix. We have a thread for our pets:

I'd love to post some pictures of my little one, but as I don't have a smart phone and my proper camera packed up a few years ago, the only ones I have of her are from when she was a tiny puppy.

Stiches come out tomorrow. This time will have to drive myself but luckily the parking at the hospital is only $7.50 and hour. Should only be there for an hour, I hope. That hour will include walking from the parking lot, finding where the other Outpatient Dept is (supposedly on the main floor, that's good) and then the wait time to see the Dr.

BTW, y'all should be very pleased and very impressed with me. I have only snipped out 2 stiches! Another 17 stitches to go. If I can just hold out till tomorrow! But it is/was awkward as they are tight and need to be pulled up with one hand on tweezers - then snipped with the other hand. I did manage to do that with my long angled tweezers from crafts... love my gadgets. :sneaky: :angel:

Back
Top Bottom