"Happy Birthday, Barbara L!"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Happy Birthday big sis! Hope its a special one and the whole year ahead is full of joy and wonder.

Happy Birthday Barbara,
Have the best birthday ever friend, you deserve all that and more.
cj

I don't usually "do" these birthday things, because I'm too likely to "forget" someone, but I'm making an exception in your case, Barbara.

I hope you have an absolutely FRABJOUS day! :D:flowers:

There is a young lady named Barbarian
Who is much sweeter than she is scaryin'
She meets DC'rs all over yonder
And our hearts just grow fonder
Happy Birthday my dear sweet Barbarian

Happy birthday dear friend. I know you will excuse the poetry 'cause you love me! :pig:

Thank you so much everyone!

And yes, I do love you LP, and I thought the poem was adorable!

We didn't do anything special today, but it was nice. My daughter called late last night and we talked about 3 hours, and I got to talk to the kids too.

When we got up, I turned on the radio and they were having a Christmas preview weekend, so they were playing all Christmas music, which was great! For supper we had home made tostadas. I had what I thought was a chocolate cake mix in the cupboard, but it turned out to be orange. I was going to make one from scratch (I already had the pecan/coconut frosting, for German Chocolate cake), but I got lazy and decided to try something different. I added cocoa to half of the batter and made an orange/chocolate marble cake. A little weird with that frosting, but orange and chocolate go well together, so the cake was pretty good.

Right now James and I are enjoying a few episodes of "Gomer Pyle, USMC" on DVD.

Over all, a nice birthday. And you all made it even better! Thanks again!

:)Barbara
P.S. Of course, I flipped my plate and dumped the first piece of cake on the floor, the frosting hitting as many things as possible on the way!

Sorry I'm late, but Happy Belated Birthday to you!

Happy_Birthday_Balloons.gif

Thank you so much everyone!

And yes, I do love you LP, and I thought the poem was adorable!

We didn't do anything special today, but it was nice. My daughter called late last night and we talked about 3 hours, and I got to talk to the kids too.

When we got up, I turned on the radio and they were having a Christmas preview weekend, so they were playing all Christmas music, which was great! For supper we had home made tostadas. I had what I thought was a chocolate cake mix in the cupboard, but it turned out to be orange. I was going to make one from scratch (I already had the pecan/coconut frosting, for German Chocolate cake), but I got lazy and decided to try something different. I added cocoa to half of the batter and made an orange/chocolate marble cake. A little weird with that frosting, but orange and chocolate go well together, so the cake was pretty good.

Right now James and I are enjoying a few episodes of "Gomer Pyle, USMC" on DVD.

Over all, a nice birthday. And you all made it even better! Thanks again!

:)Barbara
P.S. Of course, I flipped my plate and dumped the first piece of cake on the floor, the frosting hitting as many things as possible on the way!
Happy Birthday... laughing at the pic in my head of the cake and icing everywhere...I am sure that's an old sign of a great year ahead!!!!

Back
Top Bottom