Happy Easter ~ What's Going On Your Holiday Table? ~ 4/9/2023

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
This will be only the second holiday that I am NOT cooking!
We're going over to Mom's place for Easter Brunch (we've got the 1pm seating, so really more like linner for us) and they've got quite a spread it seems like:
IMG_2762.JPG

And then of course the Easter Bunny came to our house for not only DH but Mom too!
IMG_2825.JPG

IMG_2772.JPG
IMG_2773.JPG

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!

Oh Wow - so far sounds like you guys are good to go! I've defrosted a couple of Lobster Tails. the plan is Deviled Lobster Tails (Chef John)

but.... the sequel is anybody's guess...
Will it happen? will they get done? Will it go sideways? Will it be a disaster? Will the doorbell ring?

Stay tuned

do you think I've watched too many soaps?

Asparagus soup w/ww toast, meal sized salads.
I spent the afternoon making a huge batch of oatmeal cookies with golden raisins. These are for the neighbors that just had their 4th boy and he is home from the hospital. The extras for my son. We are so happy for them.

20230409_183729.jpg

Ramen noodle bowl.

Purchased beef broth cut with a little water, threw in some chunks of garlic and ginger, some star anise, and 1 whole clove. Boiled that for a while, then let it steep. Reheated to serve.

Ramen noodles boiled in salted water, then a few drops of sesame oil.

Sautéed shiitaki mushroom slices.

Roasted red bell slices.

Steamed baby bok choy.

Bean sprouts salad, boiled sprouts in salted water, drained, some microplaned garlic, toasted sesame seeds, sliced green onion, and a little sesame oil.

From the freezer, Asian cured and partially cooked pork belly, sliced, fried and crisped up.

One of the best Ramen bowls we've had in a long time.

Brandied rabbit in mustard sauce.
In a conversation with my friend, I was told that he loved rabbit. Now, I adore bunnies and have a rule that I won't eat what I couldn't kill....so bunnies are totally safe. He said, "What about rabbits?" I inquired what the difference was between bunnies and rabbits. His reply: "A bunny is an adorable creature that nibbles clover and frolics in meadows. A rabbit is a creature that consumes your garden including wiping out your entire cabbage crop and, therefore, belongs in a stew pot." 🤣

We had pizza cooked over a wood fire. Not traditional, but allowed us ample time to enjoy what the bunny brought us.... :pig:

Attachments

• pizza.JPG
    pizza.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 2023-04-09 15.54.52.jpg
    2023-04-09 15.54.52.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 7
We don't really celebrate Xtian holidays, so Sunday was just a day to celebrate getting our power back. We used up all our spoons cleaning out the freezer in the fridge and deciding which food would go back for careful examination after defrosting which would be going to the curb. Two bags of freezer food went to the curb. Two bags of regular garbage went to the curb too. We really did not want to miss "garbage night" and have to wait until Wednesday to get it out of the house.

We ordered out: pizza for DH and a crispy chicken sandwich for me with Henckel Trocken to celebrate having power back after four days without. The Henckel was in the fridge for a different reason to celebrate.

Back
Top Bottom