Happy Halloween Everyone!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
img_715502_0_937626a828baa02e44d6beafa095be56.gif

Hope my friends have a safe and Happy Hallows Eve!!

that is so fun to look at. thanks

Hope everyone had a BLAST! My neighborhood kids are all finished now, I guess. I have some BabyRuth, Butterfingers, Twizzlers and bat & pumpkin shaped Pretzels left. But not much.
Just enough to make me BAD!

I'm going to be in Texas by Tuesday and expect to go thru my granddaughter's loot for the candy bars or gummy bear stuff...............she'll never miss it.........we really don't feed her a lot of that sugar anyway though she loves it..............her father, my son, knows first-hand what happens...............I was tested for diabetes a few months ago so I'm going to enjoy it while I can.........I'm fine so far............and there is no hint of diabetes so far ...................I'm looking forward to the loot...........

"Happy Halloween" to everyone, too!!

I'm exhausted. What a busy night! I'm so glad I fed my outside kitties their supper at 4:30.

The church 8 doors down the street hosted a "Trunk-or-Treat" event beginning at 5 o'clock. At about 5:15, as I had anticipated, I had my first little ghosties. From then on I had a constant stream of costumed children of every size and age.

I sat on the porch the whole time because the weather was/is so beautiful. At one point I had to run inside to go to the bathroom because my eyeballs were floating. I barely got outside in time to hand out treats to a bunch of princesses and ninjas.

My favorite costume was an 8-month-old little boy dressed as a hot dog on a bun, complete with a squiggle of mustard down the center. Turns out his mother craved Nathan's hot dogs when she was pregnant with him and a friend gave her the outfit/costume as a gag gift at one of her baby showers. He was adorable.

By 8 o'clock I'd had my last beggar. Unofficial count: 150-200 trick-or-treaters. I think that is the most we've ever had here. I was afraid I was going to run out of candy. I filled my 32-cup Tupperware bowl three times. At least what is left is something I like.

Buck would've had a blast. Halloween is one of his favorite holidays.

Last edited:
Hey Katie! I'm so glad you had so many fun visitors. It was beautiful here too. But I only had about 30. And it was over too soon.
Expat was right. Buck was and is always with you.
BIG HUGS, dear lady!

I live on an odd street -- although I'm within walking distance of Main Street in a tourist town, you really have to live here, be visiting some one on the street, or be totally lost. So I only get a half dozen kids, always children of friends. So the half dozen or so children who come by I know by name, we can actually invite them in and comment and compliment them on their costumes, etc. Our town has a great Halloween parade (tonight), plus I'm going to a Bat Mitzvah before that, and a party after.

Well it was a quiet non-violent Halloween in the city last night. It was raining so that seemed to keep a lot of people inside at house parties. I didn't get one trick or treater last night!

we had around 150 kids last night. lots of great costumes, and only a few kids didn't say trick-or-treat or thank you.

thankfully, there were no "young adults" either, and only 1 parent that pushed an infant in a stroller and collected candy (presumably for her own ever-widening butt).

our last kids were at 9pm, and then we shut off the lights and turned on the sprinklers... :angel:

we had around 150 kids last night. lots of great costumes, and only a few kids didn't say trick-or-treat or thank you.

thankfully, there were no "young adults" either, and only 1 parent that pushed an infant in a stroller and collected candy (presumably for her own ever-widening butt).

our last kids were at 9pm, and then we shut off the lights and turned on the sprinklers... :angel:

You bad! You very, very bad! LOL!

that's funny.
they were filming a movie down the street years ago with a cuppla famous folks there so I walked the kids down there to get a birds eye view.
we found a great spot, on someone's lawn.
he peeked out of the window to see us sitting there enjoying the camera stuff and quickly turned on the sprinklers. could he not just ask this mother of 3 to please leave for any number of good reasons or excuses? probably could have and not gotten us wet, poor sport, nut job, wackwad....

Back
Top Bottom