Happy Mother's Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrs.mom

Senior Cook
:):):) In my country, today the 21st. of March is the Mother's Day. So I'm sending flowers to all mothers in this forum. Happy Mother's Day to all of you.:):):)

img_981724_0_c413b73b0dbb8b09d16c99c4c29f6892.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was trying to upload a beautiful image of a flower bouquet but it did not show in my thread. I'm sorry.

Happy Mothers Day cousin, my mum is 96yrs today.
Ps a good Swarma recipe please.

Last edited:
Sorry, Mrs. Mom, I just saw this thread. Belated Happy Mother's Day to you! And to you and Bolas, I have had, and like shawarma - would love the recipe too.

Sorry, Mrs. Mom, I just saw this thread. Belated Happy Mother's Day to you! And to you and Bolas, I have had, and like shawarma - would love the recipe too.
For those who wanted the shawerma recipe, I have an easy one, and here it is:
Ingredients:
· 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
· 1 cup plain yogurt
· 3 large cloves garlic, crushed
· Juice of 2 lemons
· 2 tablespoon white vinegar
· 1 teaspoon dried parsley (or 1 teaspoon chopped fresh)
· 1 teaspoon dried coriander
· 1 teaspoon white pepper
· 1 teaspoon cumin
· 1 teaspoon ginger powder
· ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
· Salt to taste
Preparation:
· Slice the breasts into very thin slices by using a sharp knife on a cutting board.
· In a plastic container, marinate the chicken with all the ingredients. Cover with a lid and refrigerate for 24 hours.
· Preheat the oven to 250oc. Remove the chicken from the marinade (making sure to scrape off the excess marinade) and layer it in an 8X8” baking dish.
· Bake the chicken for 1 hour. Turn over the chicken slices every 15 min. until they turn golden yellow from all sides.
· To make it into Shawermasandwiches, put some chicken with mayonnaise, 4 pieces of French fries, and pickles on a piece of Arabic bread and roll it up.
· You can also use pita bread or soft tortillas instead of Arabic bread.
view

Will you be my forum Mum Mrs Mum, if not thank you very much for the recipe. I ate Schwerma in Hurghada, this is from Sharmtaba 084.jpg

36268-albums323-picture2622.jpg
For those who wanted the shawerma recipe, I have an easy one, and here it is:
Ingredients:
· 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
· 1 cup plain yogurt
· 3 large cloves garlic, crushed
· Juice of 2 lemons
· 2 tablespoon white vinegar
· 1 teaspoon dried parsley (or 1 teaspoon chopped fresh)
· 1 teaspoon dried coriander
· 1 teaspoon white pepper
· 1 teaspoon cumin
· 1 teaspoon ginger powder
· ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
· Salt to taste
Preparation:
· Slice the breasts into very thin slices by using a sharp knife on a cutting board.
· In a plastic container, marinate the chicken with all the ingredients. Cover with a lid and refrigerate for 24 hours.
· Preheat the oven to 250oc. Remove the chicken from the marinade (making sure to scrape off the excess marinade) and layer it in an 8X8” baking dish.
· Bake the chicken for 1 hour. Turn over the chicken slices every 15 min. until they turn golden yellow from all sides.
· To make it into Shawermasandwiches, put some chicken with mayonnaise, 4 pieces of French fries, and pickles on a piece of Arabic bread and roll it up.
· You can also use pita bread or soft tortillas instead of Arabic bread.
view

I cannot see where this nice picture from. The picture is hiding the place.
You are welcome.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
It is in Sharm el Sheikh, now our friends have moved from Miami to Athens we go to Sharm for our winter sun, its not very expensive to fly from the UKPicture 230.jpg

Back
Top Bottom