Happy Valentines Day to you, 2/14/08, Dinner plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Happy Valentines:heart: Day to you
Happy Valentines Day:in_love: to you
Happy Valentines Day:in_love: dear DC'ers...
Happy Valentines Day to you:winkiss:
~~~My wish for each of you is peace, love, understanding, health, prosperity, and an abundance of happiness.
What's on your table tonight?
I won't be home and won't have dinner as I ate too much yesterday and my jeans are a tiny bit tight, but my thoughts will forever and always be with my love...

happy valentines day right back atcha, lefse. [[[[[[[[lefse]]]]]]]]]]]

tonight, by popular vote, we're having shrimp cocktail, mesculun salad with almonds and goat cheese, steamed lobsters with clarified butter, baked potatoes, roasted red peppers and fresh corn on the cob.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Attachments

• Hearts%20and%20Roses_ja.jpg
    Hearts%20and%20Roses_ja.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 250
Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!!

Well swollen leg or not I have had my Valentine's day dinner planned for awhile and am not changing it!

For a starter I am making Thai Fish Cakes. Then a spinach salad with poppyseed balsamic vinagrette (my own concotion DH loves). Main will be Fillets studded with garlic and fresh rosemary and wrapped in bacon. For sides, baked red potatoes, carrots and broccolini.

Dessert is heart shaped molten chocolate cake, though since I have given up sugar and chocolate for lent (and hopefully for good), this is just for DH.

per dh request

sausage gravy, made with home grown ground pork and seasoned with my sausage mix

over

mashed potatoes, I found a few more yukon golds and will lightly season them with s&p, butter and some freshly thawed horseradish. No use putting too much seasoning in the tators since they will be squopped with the gravy:LOL:

roasted sweet potatoes, did I mention we have a lot of sweet potatoes left?:wacko:

chocolate sour cream cake:)

happy valentines day all;)

happy valentines day right back atcha, lefse. [[[[[[[[lefse]]]]]]]]]]]

tonight, by popular vote, we're having shrimp cocktail, mesculun salad with almonds and goat cheese, steamed lobsters with clarified butter, baked potatoes, roasted red peppers and fresh corn on the cob.
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Buckster}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Oh, and by coincidence, SO AM I^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^hint hint hint:LOL:

Thanks, LEFSE, for the beautiful Valentine greeting! Same back at ya! Hope everyone here at DC has a lovely day!!

"Happy Valentine's Day, All!!"
I have Aretha Franklin's peach cobbler baking in the oven right now. Sure hope she wasn't planning on having it tonight!:LOL: :LOL: Sure smells yummy.

I've got all the ingredients in place to make Caesar dressing for our salad and have the pork medallions thawing for pork tenderloin Diane. Not sure what to make for a starch side, perhaps couscous.

Got up early today so I could get the laundry and house cleaning done. All done. Yeah! Just have to fold and put the clothes away. The dishwasher is taking care of its job, so I'm right on track. We should have a nice evening.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Buckster}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Oh, and by coincidence, SO AM I^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^hint hint hint:LOL:

Lefse, you are sooooooo fickle!:LOL: First you say you aren't eating, then you mooch off the rest of us! But I agree, BuckyT your lobster trumps my fillet.....of course I could put them together.....:idea:

happy valentines day all. my son sent me a dozen roses. they were here early am. he is such a thoughtful guy. he knows how lonely these holidays are for me. my beloved husband died 12 years in a violent death. i miss him more than u can know.

i had breakfast for dinner, i live alone and it is silly to make fancy for myself on a holiday.

babe:cool::cool::cool:

Last edited:
:heart: Happy Valentines Day:heart:!! I hope to grill steaks tonight, unless the wind picks up, Garlic roasted red potatoes/asparagus, shrimp in a spicy
lemon butter, and roasted garlic sour dough bread.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the Valentine's wishes. I wish I were going to be able to cook a nice dinner for my sweetheart, but I am leaving in a few minutes for the airport, where I'll fly north to Portland, OR to visit my daughter, who has been ill. It will be good to see her, but I will miss the sunshine and my DH.

Here in Mexico, Vantine's Day is much more than a day to exchange affection with your sweetheart. It is called El Dia de Amor y Amistad (day of love and friendship). Great idea! So people take extra steps to entertain their friends. To all of my DC friends, Feliz El Dia de Amor y Amistad!!

Wow everyone's dinners sound so good! Unfortunately both DH and I have cought our 4-year old's cold- excessive phleghm does not make for a romantic Valentine's Day. So just some nice chicken soup tonight and we'll go out to celebrate another day.

I just got home a little while ago & now have two 2-pound Maine lobsters crawling around in the fridge - lol!! Will be serving them boiled with melted lemon butter & shoestring potatoes, with some commercial (Mrs. Smith's) frozen chocolate mousse for dessert, if we're not too full.

Husband surprised me last night with a dozen lovely long-stem orange roses (he knows I adore any color but red), so I've been enjoying those all day. He'll be getting a couple of books that I know he'll enjoy when he gets home from work later.

Happy V-Day to all!!

Flourgirl, I hope your family's feeling better soon!

It was a non-celebration day here, too. I'm getting over the flu and can still only keep down dry cereal or oatmeal and DH is out of town. So dd and I celebrated by cracking open a new package of Imaginetrics (like Colorforms but thin magnets--great for toddlers!) to play with, and then I helped her make an English muffin pizza while I nursed a bowl of apple cinnamon oatmeal.

Flourgirl, I hope your family's feeling better soon!

It was a non-celebration day here, too. I'm getting over the flu and can still only keep down dry cereal or oatmeal and DH is out of town. So dd and I celebrated by cracking open a new package of Imaginetrics (like Colorforms but thin magnets--great for toddlers!) to play with, and then I helped her make an English muffin pizza while I nursed a bowl of apple cinnamon oatmeal.
I'm so sorry you and Flourgirl are sick today! I'm especially sorry because we all just got over the flu, too. I'm thinking ya'll deserve to celebrate Valentine's Day in about a week but for today, I hope you keep the oatmeal down.:)

James wasn't home (still at school), so I made myself a burrito. We will have our Valentine's dinner Friday evening.

:)Barbara

dh was working today but to my surprise he had flowers delivered.
For dinner I took some chicken corn chowder out of the freezer and ate it with flour tortillas.

Sorry there are so many sickies. We just had a stomach flu marathon at my house too. I was lucky enough to stay well and take care of them all. Its not a 24 hour bug either, its been days of belly aches and then some (sounds like PA may have the same thing) We are on the recovering end of it though and hopefully you all will be soon too.

Thanks, LEFSE, for the beautiful Valentine greeting! Same back at ya! Hope everyone here at DC has a lovely day!!

"Happy Valentine's Day, All!!"
I have Aretha Franklin's peach cobbler baking in the oven right now. Sure hope she wasn't planning on having it tonight!:LOL: :LOL:
I watched Ms. Franklin make that on Emeril Live. It looked like heaven on earth, gad, that dessert would put me over the moon.......with happiness:wacko:

Back
Top Bottom