Has it become Mealless Monday? Sept. 29/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No kidding Cheryl..... the cost of beef short ribs these days is ridiculous. Like everything else, when the public got word of the flavor of those babies, the price went through the roof. My Dad could hardly give them away in the old days.
Sounds like you got some good bang for the buck though...;)

Seriously....I'm gonna use what I can from those babies! :ohmy: :LOL: It'll be a while before I splurge like that again. Crazy expensive for the amount of eatable beef you get...but what you get is sure good. :)

I had a wonderful recipe for stuffed onions that I saved from a 1970's issue of Apartment Living. Unfortunately for the rest of you, I pitched it as I've been going through my super-stack of saved recipes. I've gotten to the point where onions and I just don't get along...:ohmy:

LP, does it count as "meatless Monday" if we had fish? ~ I've had a burning desire for mac and cheese, so I made that tonight. Unfortunately, as the butter was melting and the flour and milk had been measured, I found out I didn't have smoked Gouda. :( I love it in my mac & cheese. Two kinds of cheddar and mozz sufficed. We had TJ's stuffed flounder and salads as accompaniments.

I made a play on Meatless Monday with "Mealless Monday" because no one had made a thread yet. My meals are all meatless these days. As I said, I was able to eat a little fish, but even that isn't working so I am pretty much on a vegan diet now. Good thing is I like everything but tofu and you don't really have to have tofu as long as you get protein other ways - squash, legumes, quinoa, etc.

So, CG, in answer to your question, I would say yes, if you ate fish it was meatless! ;)

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to point out your shortcomings,:ermm: I just thought people figured I had made a spelling error! :LOL:

And don't worry about the nuns, I doubt they subscribe here! Not that they wouldn't be welcome!

Last edited:
i think we all need an eye test, or bigger monitors, clever as it was, lp.

my din din tonight is takeout from a hole-in-the-wall bengali joint (or would bangladeshi be more accurate concerning food) on 10th ave.. a regular stop for hell's kitchen cabbies. ya gotta figure that cabbies know good, cheap, authentic food.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to point out your shortcomings,:ermm: I just thought people figured I had made a spelling error! :LOL:

And don't worry about the nuns, I doubt they subscribe here! Not that they wouldn't be welcome!
LP, I wan't offended at all! Apparently speed reading isn't all it was cracked up to be. :LOL:

And those nuns? I was in grade school from the mid-1950s to mid-1960s. All those nuns have gone off to their eternal rewards by now. Seriously. they were already old when I was in school!

and they're still looking down on you, judging... judging...

judging...

that's how we all get into heaven!!!

I was practically meal-less. A friend was in town giving an evening seminar, so I stopped by to sit in. I didn't eat before I went, but they did serve a little cheese, bread, and wine.

So I guess I'll call that dinner.

LP, I wan't offended at all! Apparently speed reading isn't all it was cracked up to be. :LOL:

And those nuns? I was in grade school from the mid-1950s to mid-1960s. All those nuns have gone off to their eternal rewards by now. Seriously. they were already old when I was in school!

:LOL: According to my Jewish husband, my Catholic guilt is second only to Jewish guilt. It's strange how old I thought my nuns were at the time, and I'm sure they weren't my age now. I don't remember one of them having wrinkles though...probably because they sent the kids home at the end of the day and enjoyed a peaceful life outside the classroom. ;)

wait, i thought catholics do shame; jews do guilt.

jews get the much better deal, though. we (catholics) have to go repent every week. jews once a year and they're good to go.

Back
Top Bottom