Have you been cooking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
I cheated and bought a cherry cheese pie from Bennett's Cafe,...they do make the best I've ever tasted.
The dressing was in the freezer from Thanksgiving, when I made a double batch and froze one...it has thawed in the fridge and is ready to put in the oven.
This evening, DH and I made twice baked potatoes (potato boats) topped with bacon bits, crushed canned onion rings and grated cheddar cheese, and they are ready to put in the oven. We're having smoked ham, and it will go in the oven as well.
I'm using the Pillsbury frozen rolls, which are delicious, and daughter is bringing the rest.
My oven will be busy tomorrow!

No cooking tonight, just baking. All the cooking will be taking place tomorrow. I still have to think up a nice rub or something for the turkey but everything else is figured out.

I did rib eyes and oven roasted potatoes for dinner and also, made the breakfast casserole for tomorrow. This was a very easy day.

Everything is A-OK...All systems Go...Ready to Launch!!
Put the dressing together tomorrow is all that's left...
It's been a busy day...
I'm tired...Ready for Santa!!

had family here for christmas eve. we had ham, potato salad, baked beans, rolls and a nice dip with crackers. olives , cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie and italian cake ( that i can never spell) wine, applecider for the kids. tons of fun. a breakfast at my grandsons in the morning.

happy holidays to all

Yup, cooked this morning...breakfast in the homeless shelter. Nothing fancy. Dozen and a half scrambled eggs, hash browns and patty sausage, plus a dozen and a half eggs scrambled with chorizo, warm flour tortillas, grated cheese, salsa rojo, freshly ground coffee, tea, milk and juice. Molasses cookies. In fact, I just got home after cleaning up after them and me. It's cold and rainy, and I'm gonna finish my coffee and climb in the Jacuzzi for a while. Happy Christmas, everyone. God bless.

I cooked all afternoon yesterday because we had our Christmas dinner with family here in town. We are spending today with our extended family, so DW and I have been making finger food this morning...

We have now had our dinner - joint cooking effort - I was put in charge of the stuffing and the roast vegetables. I roasted squash, potatoes & crrots with garlic & roasemary.
A nice relaxed meal put together with all cooperating - 2 in laws, DW, me and the two boys.

I have just sat down for the first time since 5:30 this morning. I made 4 loaves of Italian bread and put the old fashioned ham in the electric roaster, then I cooked 1-1/2# of old fashioned bacon coated with pepper and flour, made a batch of pancake batter and got the latkes ready for our brunch with the kids. Eldest daughter got engaged this morning (her fiance asked me for her hand last night...ain't that too cute?:LOL:) so she's beaming today as is DW. He's 40 and she's 29, but he still felt the need to ask for my blessing, then we ate our brunch and left no prisoners on the table, only dirty dishes. Cleaned up that mess then we opened our presents and it was back to the kitchen. Cut and bagged all 4 loaves of bread, and cut up the 18# ham and got it in the oven on low to stay warm. We have about an hour until the rest of the family gets here for the next phase of the food fest and wrapping paper, so I need to get a shower and shave so I look presentable for the family pictures.

I hope everyone else is having a joyous and peaceful day.

Joe

We're taking it easy today. I made two 8x8 pans of lasagna for DH's birthday in November and froze one, so we're having that with salad and garlic bread for dinner tonight.

I got up at 5:30 today to finish getting my Christmas dinner ready. We had spiral sliced ham (I made an orange marmalade glaze for it), macaroni and cheese, potato salad, homemade parkerhouse rolls, green beans, veggies and dip and summer sausages and cheese/crackers. On top of that I made oreo truffles, peppermint truffles, oatmeal carmelitas, fudge and sugar cookies yesterday. Lunch was at 1:00 pm and the guests left at 5:00 pm.

I am BEAT. Going to fix myself an adult beverage and relax.

DONE DONE DONE!! LOL all done and eating now. Turkey with Cajun rub and Cranberry sauce with lemon zest and a hint of rum as a 'sauce on the side'; creamed corn with oysters casserole; sweet potato casserole; green beans sauted with cranberries, almonds, garlic, and butter; collared greens with garlic, lemon zest, and a hint of smoke flavoring; corn bread made with creamed corn.

Thanks! It was a big hit here, even the kids were impressed and I got a big ol kiss (or two or three) from the wife! Now I can just sit back and pig out and enjoy it all!

I've been cooking for the last week because of the holidays. Today I've just bought some ready to eat fresh salad. As a part of my new year resolution I'll try to follow a very strict diet. :)

Back
Top Bottom