Have you exercised today? Accountability thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
An hour of pilates today. Possibly more exercise later but I'm not sure if I'll be motivated yet. Lol.

I'm off to yoga in half an hour. That'll be about an hour and fifteen minutes. I love yoga - always feels so good once you come out of class.

Green Lady said:
Whew! Sattie! 6 mile run plus toning exercises. I can't compete with you but am happy to say I just came back from another walk for 45 min. with my pooch. Two days in a row. I'm doing good!!!!

LOL... it takes a while to build up to that, but anything more than that is pointless or a marathon!!!

Have you exercised today?

I went to the YMCA today. I walked around the track. I participated in an hour long water aerobics class.

Not yet. I did my normal Friday workout (in this case a 15 min abs class, a 15 minutes Zumba, a half hour of step and 15 min ball class and cool down). On Saturday I walked to the hospiital (3/4 mile or so) to read to a friend. Yesterday I lazed (our 24th annivesary) and we enjoyed the day. Today I will walk to the hospital to read again, then to a house that I watch for mail, etc, when the owners aren't in residence. By the time I'm through it should be 2-3 miles (and those of you who've visited Galena know it is never horizontal, lots of climbing and downhill involved). I have to laugh .... when I was thinking of how to answer this, I was thinking, gee I haven't worked out since Friday. What a joke!

Still nursing the foot, but I must get back to work, so oh-dark-thirty monday morning it's back to the gym for me.

Sometimes I wonder what people consider "exercise". My husband and I walk almost everywhere we go. I always ask people about this when they visit, just to see if it is OK with them, so we know what to expect. Yes, we both drive, and yes we own a F150 that can seat 6. But I warn people that if they can walk, we will walk. I still have people who tell me how athletic they are and won't walk to less-than-quarter mile (albeit that part of it is verticle) to a restaurant. They don't want to work up a sweat, or give up their 3 1/2 inch heels or whatever.

So, yes, I "worked out" by most peoples' standards. If you came to my house you'd say I didn't workout today, but you also wouldn't want to walk to town and back because you might actually sweat in clothes that were not gym clothes.

Claire said:
Sometimes I wonder what people consider "exercise". My husband and I walk almost everywhere we go. I always ask people about this when they visit, just to see if it is OK with them, so we know what to expect. Yes, we both drive, and yes we own a F150 that can seat 6. But I warn people that if they can walk, we will walk. I still have people who tell me how athletic they are and won't walk to less-than-quarter mile (albeit that part of it is verticle) to a restaurant. They don't want to work up a sweat, or give up their 3 1/2 inch heels or whatever.

So, yes, I "worked out" by most peoples' standards. If you came to my house you'd say I didn't workout today, but you also wouldn't want to walk to town and back because you might actually sweat in clothes that were not gym clothes.

Hey, Claire, I know what you mean. I did not "exercise" this week, but I did help get in some more hay, just two of us this time so that means I handle the hay more than if 3 of us work it. Also am hauling water, by hand in 5 gallon buckets, to water individual garden plants. Danced until midnight last night, granted I do not do that very often.

And I have been to Galena, very steep hills there:LOL:. You set a wonderful example:cool:.

Have been biking with DH and kids for 30 minutes for 4 days now. My hubby is motivating us and it's a good feeling to keep moving. We don't feel so lazy anymore.

Biked for 50 minutes yesterday and 40 minutes today...added some yoga. Feeling good already. How's everyone's workouts lately?

I quit smoking and gained 20 pounds.
Fair trade off.

So for the last few month I have been faithfully
walking (high speed,with a bit of jogging sometimes)
with my labrador retrievers along the local creek
greenway... Even in the 112 degree heat index!
(Much slower and with water!)

They get to swim, and I have lost a few pounds. Funny,
but I am actually getting to the point where I am looking
forward to the sweat!

Mine is renewed automatically via weekly pmts (as my DH points out to me every time he does the on-line banking thingy) He also likes to remind me that I haven't used the facility in 6 months ... I wonder if it's still there :huh:

I hate having money systematically removed from my account. That's why I always pay for both of my memberships up front.

At 24 Hour Fitness, which I pass three or four of on the way home from work, I paid $700.00 for 3 years, and after the 3 years is up in March of 2008, I pay $50.00 a year for the rest of my natural life.

So, not to be outdone, Hollywood Fitness, which I belong to because they're convenient to my house, which is extremely important at 5:00 A.M., just gave me 3 years for $699.00, and the remainder of my life at $49.00 a year.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom