Have you put up your Christmas decorations yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mel!

Sous Chef
I am going to be in India for Christmas so I am not putting a Chirstmas tree or decorations up in our house this year.

I did however buy a poinsettia today.

I'm not sure if I'm decorating this year or not... We'll go to Paul's folks in Oregon for the holiday so..... I know for sure we won't buy a tree. But, we may get some of my five million snowmen out. I have quite a large collection.

Unemployment frees you up to do all sorts of things on a more timely schedule. Yesterday was the first break from the 30s outside, so I did the lights outside the house yesterday. I did the inside of the house on Sunday. We get a live tree, so I won't get that till the second weekend my parents are here.

It does look nice...

I don't do decorations or tree, because of the cats but that is okay. I don't need the trappings.

not yet, but I am getting ready...I am cleaning the house and especially the walls and floor around where the tree will go. I usually leave the tree up for 2 months, or until the needles start to fall off. We usually put the cut tree up the Sunday after thanksgiving..

not yet, but I am getting ready...I am cleaning the house and especially the walls and floor around where the tree will go. I usually leave the tree up for 2 months, or until the needles start to fall off. We usually put the cut tree up the Sunday after thanksgiving..

Not yet, but have seen if some lights still work.

Not even thanksgiving yet.

Not until the 10th or 15th or so...
It'll take me that long to wade thru the junk room to get to the crawlspace under the stairs where I keep it all anyway.....

I brought down the stash of our old C7 & C9 clear bulbs which we have not used in several years. I got a little holiday spirit in me so I decided to string the perimeter of our roof line with them. Only thing is that these bulbs use a lot of electricity. I looked at those new LED bulbs in these sizes but were turned off by their high cost (over $1 per bulb).

My hubby insists on putting up the outside lights the weekend after thanksgiving, but then complains about the electric bill:mad:As far as the tree, we get a real one & I make sure we have it by the 12th, which is my oldests birthday......as far as the inside decorations...well it depends, some years I do a little around the week after thanksgiving, other times I go all out! It all depends on how many little ones want to get involved:ermm:

I'm not in the mood this year. Usually I decorate every corner. This year just a tree. I have too much going on right now and decorating would just stress me out.

No, I haven't put up any decorations, yet. I will start the second weekend in December...we leave them up until the Epiphany (my husband and his twin's birthday) so I don't start any earlier. By the time I take them down I am sick of trees, ornaments and decorations! :rolleyes:

That's why we use large clear X'mas bulbs. I can leave them year around if I didn't feel like taking them down. They pretty much double as patio and accent lights the rest of the year.....:-p

oh yes! the decorations are done on the inside, the outside is half done but not lit. We don't light outside until Thanksgiving night - being from the midwest we need to take advantage of the warm weather when we can. i always decorate early, its just me. christmas cards go in the mail tomorrow too - hopefully to be delivered the first day after thanksgiving.

Used to be a real Christmas junkie, but since Buck's not here to share, probably won't do anything. He loved Christmas and was part of what fed my holiday spirit. Unless something changes, it'll just be another day for me. Sorry to be a downer, but the holidays are going to be a challenge for me. Hope I didn't kill this thread. I apologize.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom