Headin to Sin City, what are your New Years plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jkath said:
LEFSElover said:
JKath, you'll have a ball sounds like. I love Pictionary, but have you guys ever tried Dictionary? Oh my gosh, what a hoot! :LOL: You all get a pencil and paper, then take turns picking out a word out of the dictionary, one person does this, and he writes the real definition down on his paper then you all hear the word and make up something............crying tears playing this game, the 'daffy-nitions' are hysterically funny and everyone always has a great time playing this game.

Hey ---that IS a boardgame! It's called "Balderdash" -
One time my Grandma had the word "Rudas" to define. She wrote "Rudas: younger brother of Judas Iscariot, mentioned only once in the Bible"
She won that round!
We have Balderdash! You can play that game without having a single drink, and by the middle of the game people would swear you were all roaring drunk! It is a hilarious game to play.

:) Barbara

i have to work :cry:
should be fun dodging drunk drivers trying to get in to the city tommorow night, then trying to find parking.

dw, my boy and i are going out for dinner early, maybe houston's or the woodridge inn. i'm jonesin' for a big hunk o' steak, bloody rare with grated horseradish and a nice full bodied red. dw has been hankerin' for a rack o' lamb, and a soft red.

We are going to stuff a pork loin with cornbread dressing, have my "secret potatoes", italian green beans.

Have some Tiramisu for dessert, watch a few movies, and try to make it till midnight.

this is the first time ever, I haven't had to work on NYE!!!

Staying home here as we had a winter ice storm hit on thursday. So we will be watching the specials on tv and eating snacks. Happy New Year to all.

I'm working til 5 (not very hard, I am actually at work at the moment!) and then travelling home on my two trams and a bus.

My dh is cooking tonight, woo hoo!!!!!!! (this is not a regular event) and after that we are off to the pub for a few quiet ones and perhaps to see the new year in.

I'm trying to figure out how to get to Lefse's for Filet Mignon, and then to Erik's for Tiramisu........

(and you are right, Barbara - it is side-splitting!)

One of the reasons we chose Galena as our home town was that we can walk to several establishments for food and drink and walk home. On New Years Eve, somehow there is always SOMEONE trying to get us to DRIVE somewhere for the evening. WHY?????? Even if we had to quit drinking tomorrow (which seems inevetable when I look at everyone older than me), as my husband says, "Who wants to be out there on the roads with all those amateur drinkers?????"

This year we had no plans until just a few hours ago when a freind asked if we'd ask everyone we knew who might not have plans to gather at his pied a terre this evening. SO my dream meal of linguini with white (why it isn't called green I don't know) clam sauce is on hold 'til tomorrow (the live clams are living on a bed of ice in a vegetable crisper drawer). Have no idea how many are showing or what will happen. Spontenaety is the name of the game. Have no idea if it will be just the three of us, or an apartment full. Do know whatever happens I'll be sort of nominal hostess (his lovely wife is sick). He always has an enormously stocked full bar, and plans on calling in food, but i'll bring some as well. Might be 3, might be 30 (in reality, probably closer to 3). But is always interesting to go to his place no matter what. So mac&cheese for us tonight (good starchy stuff to line the stomach!!), followed by who-knows-what.

Back
Top Bottom