Headin to Sin City, what are your New Years plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lefse - have fun for me - I'll be out there in a couple of months -

DS - quite cool indeed - who's the band??????

We have a New Year's thingy (this is year 4, so I guess that would make it a tradition...) where we get together with another family of 4, sometimes others too & we play board games & eat like fiends. The kids play together & we all have a great time.
Strange, tho' - the guys always win at pictionary. Somehow they've devised a plan that every picture involves guns or donuts.

Planning on going out for early supper, me, Dougie and my wife, to the local Mandarin Chinese smorgasbourg place, for an all you can eat NYE dinner...planning on doing this fairly early, in a vain attempt to avoid crowds...

Then home to the outdoor hot tub rental...

Likely watch some CBC TV year end programs...noted for being hilarious...and the Times Square "countdown...

Must scout around for a "black haired man" to be the first to enter the house, after midnight...old Scottish tradition...(note that when we've done this, we've had a good year to follow, not always the case when we didn't...

The evening will probably include visitors from the neighbourhood courtyard, and visiting one or three of them, in turn...as will, no doubt, be the case New Years Day, too...

jkath said:
Lefse - have fun for me - I'll be out there in a couple of months -

DS - quite cool indeed - who's the band??????

We have a New Year's thingy (this is year 4, so I guess that would make it a tradition...) where we get together with another family of 4, sometimes others too & we play board games & eat like fiends. The kids play together & we all have a great time.
Strange, tho' - the guys always win at pictionary. Somehow they've devised a plan that every picture involves guns or donuts.

JKath, you'll have a ball sounds like. I love Pictionary, but have you guys ever tried Dictionary? Oh my gosh, what a hoot! :LOL: You all get a pencil and paper, then take turns picking out a word out of the dictionary, one person does this, and he writes the real definition down on his paper then you all hear the word and make up something............crying tears playing this game, the 'daffy-nitions' are hysterically funny and everyone always has a great time playing this game.

We are staying home, just the two of us. We have never been much for "amateur night" as my brother used to call it. Sometimes an early meal at a restaurant, but this year, I think I'll put some bubbly on ice and fix something special. Maybe filet mignon.

Any ideas for a menu?

i think Ruth'sChris and some alcohol are my plans. nothing fancy; i',m sick and not up to big plans....

LEFSElover said:
JKath, you'll have a ball sounds like. I love Pictionary, but have you guys ever tried Dictionary? Oh my gosh, what a hoot! :LOL: You all get a pencil and paper, then take turns picking out a word out of the dictionary, one person does this, and he writes the real definition down on his paper then you all hear the word and make up something............crying tears playing this game, the 'daffy-nitions' are hysterically funny and everyone always has a great time playing this game.

Hey ---that IS a boardgame! It's called "Balderdash" -
One time my Grandma had the word "Rudas" to define. She wrote "Rudas: younger brother of Judas Iscariot, mentioned only once in the Bible"
She won that round!

Have a great time LEFSElover sinning in the sity. I am staying home and enjoying the evening with champagne and some neighbors and friends. Want to watch the rose parade and the rose bowl game, even if the DUCKS messed up. Glad the other Oregon team (beavers) won the insight bowl over Notre Dame.

I arrived, baby in tow, and it was a good drive.
expected it to be bumper to bumper, as it is for my DH and my DS.
they are totally stuck in traffic.
But baby and I made it safe as did baby's mom and new baby sister.
if you're driving up here, beware of major traffic.

Jkath...........
you're kidding............
Balderdash?
Who knew? not I........
any time anyone has to choose the new word, like Puffpaste, someone always defines it as some kind of Morraccan mustard with magical effects. Somehow, someone always bites on that one. :LOL:

I think the Ruth's Chris sounds wonderful.
my DD is trying to think of what her desires are for tomorrow night, for me to cook that is :? it's okay, don't mind, it's my pleasure........
along with the fillet mignon, how about twice stuffed/baked potatoes, brussels sprouts au gratin, Mediterranean salad and bacon wrapped prawns. I'd finish it with couissant vanilla bread pudding with hard sauce over the top. Champagyne, kisses and that's it!

I am stayin home. I don't like takin a chance of gettin busted for drunk driving. I just bailed a friend out yesterday. The thought of goin to jail freaks me out.

Excellent choice, Bang! Back in my Dumba** Days, I got busted for DUI and spent a few days in the ol' hoosegow and it wasn't fun! I'm having some friends over for food, drinks and some poker and no one is leaving until New Year's Day!

Hey! I DO want an embossed invite darn it...I have never had one of those!! LOL! If the roads here weren't so bad you might have to watch out DC, I would be there to clean your clock at Texas Hold Em.

Oh, and wear clean undies! Spares some embarrasement when you're being processed into the pokey. Oh, did you mean the New Year's Eve party? :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom