Heading to Cleveland....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
Im taking my Pop to Cleveland Clinic next week and am looking for some ideas for resteraunts,nothing fancy, mom and pops would be good (read cheap with good food). Also, any bbq joints serving good stuff this time of year ? And lastly, but certainly not least..wheres the good gin mills. We went last year and found ourselves paying 5 bucks for a beer... :eek:

Your going to Cleveland, what makes you think you could find anything fancy? :lmao: :lcry: :lmao: :lcry: :lmao: :lcry: :lmao: :lcry: :lmao: :lcry: :lmao:

John; if all else fails, if you go to www.roadfood.com then click on the Section "Where Do I Eat" and do a search for Cleveland, there are several pages of recommendations.

Last time I drove for 40 mins before I found a bar !!! Guess Im used to being able to trip and hit one here around Niagara Falls. We did find a brewery out of town that we had a great time at (well as much as I remember, but the wife said we had fun). Hoping to check out the R&R hall of fame too this trip...

will do on that roadfood thing...but Im counting on some of the locals to help me out too ( I hope!!)

When will you be here and where are you staying? I can point you to the best corned beef sandwich you ever had, but they are only open on weekdays until 2. Or, there is some great Italian within a mile of the Clinic (Little Italy). Also, great Vietnamese within 5 miles. BBQ? FORGET IT! Let us know. Maybe REmpe and I can hook up with you for lunch? Woody

Woodman said:
When will you be here and where are you staying? I can point you to the best corned beef sandwich you ever had, but they are only open on weekdays until 2. Or, there is some great Italian within a mile of the Clinic (Little Italy). Also, great Vietnamese within 5 miles. BBQ? FORGET IT! Let us know. Maybe Rempe and I can hook up with you for lunch? Woody

Would love to!! :(

Will be comming in sometime on Tuesday and if all goes ok, will be leaving on Thursday, so I would say that if we were trying to set up lunch, that Wed would be the day...

UUUhhh...Cheap ??? Cheap is good !!! You guys decide, let me know when and where and Ill be there with bells on.....they allow bell wearing in Cleveland dont they ?

john pen said:
UUUhhh...Cheap ??? Cheap is good !!! You guys decide, let me know when and where and Ill be there with bells on.....they allow bell wearing in Cleveland dont they ?

Greg will have 'em on, you might want to think twice, see, Wednesday is Gay Day in Cleveland.

10.gif
4.gif

Finney said:
I just hope John doesn't end up in Greg's attic. :eek:

umm...ahhh..ohhh...did I say Wed. ?? Um ya..I dont know....

(mental note to me - If asked if I want to see Greg's WSM pass on that field trip)

Back
Top Bottom