Healthy Breakfast Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IronSides

Senior Cook
What do you all eat for breakfast? I was reading an article in More magazine and it had a lot of good ideas for healthy breakfast choices. There was a recipe for a Greek omelet wrap that looked amazing! It had eggs, feta cheese, artichoke hearts and red peppers, all combined in a whole weat tortilla. Any other good recipes?

I make fruit smoothies using frozen yogurt, orange juice, and whatever fruits I have on hand, which is usually blueberries, strawberries, rasberries and bananas. Toss it all in the blender and viola! YUM!!

By the way, frozen fruit works just as well as fresh fruit. :)

Since I quit smoking and drinking coffee I began eating breakfast. Usually it's a Vitamin Water or Gatorade, a banana and a granola bar or buttered roll. I'm pretty tired of the granola and rolls so I'm getting into those Total cereals.

Yum! The fruit smoothies sound great! The article has listed a recipe for a fruit and yogurt parfait, which I also want to try.

i used to add just a dab of creamto my smoothies- mango, blueberry, strawberry, etcetera.

1/2 cup Fat free, low sugar vanilla yogurt, frozen berry medley, 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup of your favorite juice (I use Orange/Pineapple) or freshly squeezed orange juice, a few ice cubes...whip it up in the blender and you have a healthy breakfast.

OPTIONAL: + 1 tablespoon of vanilla flavored whey protein powder

:) Buck Wheat pancakes with fruit yogurt and fresh fruit on top instead of butter and syrup also really good on butter milk pancakes/ Waffles.

I try to eat a breakfast with alot of protein (at least 25 g of protein). I usually have a smoothie (made with yogurt, banana, frozen berries, milk and protein powder, flaxseed, etc) and a piece of whole grain toast. In the winter I'll make steel cut oats and a smoothie. On the w/ends, I'll make scrambled eggs and bacon with fruit and toast. Usually I do a big breakfast on Sunday, either a quiche or whole grain pancakes and sometimes scones (which I absolutely love but they head straight for my hips).

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day - thats for sure!

We like breakfast sandwiches made from eggs (husband prefers Eggbeaters egg whites); turkey bacon, turkey sausage or turkey ham; & low-fat or fat-free cheddar on toasted whole-wheat rolls.

Also do omelets with virtually the same ingredients (minus the rolls, of course).

During the week, I'm not much of a breakfast person, but hubby always has whole-grain cereal with fresh fruit.

I go through cycles. For a while, I was having whole-wheat Cheerios and a banana or cantaloupe. Then for a while, I had toasted peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with milk and some kind of fruit. Lately, I've been having shaved turkey and Havarti cheese wraps with yogurt and peaches or cantaloupe. On Sundays, I like to make a big breakfast of eggs, turkey bacon, toast and fruit, or we go out and I get pretty much the same, sometimes with pancakes.

I just received the Oct issue of Saveur and it is the Breakfast Issue - haven't read it yet, but it looks full of good ideas and recipes.

I have a different breakfast every morning. I have eggs 3 times per week cooked differently each time along with cereal, oatmeal, fruit, berries, melons, waffles, whole wheat toast, cheese, French toast and milk or V-8 juice. These are all very healthy, low cal and delicious breakfasts. I plan my whole weeks' breakfast menu like I do my dinner menus.

Scrambled eggs, chicken apple sausage, turkey bacon, and hash browns. Good breakfast =), only served sunday though hehe

I thought I was the only one who enjoyed turkey bacon! :)
Its a regular in our house! As well as egg beaters egg whites! They cook perfectly in the microwave! Little cheese and multi grain toast! my girl and me are two happy campers!

i didnt think many people liked turkey bacon, i just discovered it fairly recently at trader joes =p

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom