Hello From Dallas Texas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alerry

Assistant Cook
I stumbled on this website while looking for discussion on soaking chicken and pork in milk before cooking. Started looking around and determined this is a good site for the kinds of things I want to know.

I don't know how to cook, but as an engineer can follow directions. That has kept me cooking for the last 6 or 7 years. Alton Brown is my favorite TV chef, but there is just something about his recipes that don't seem to work out. Still Good Eats is about the only decent show left on FN now that they have given in to the reality show craze.

That's enough from me. Oh, the weird screen name is derived from the first two letters of each son's name. I know, my geek is showing.

alerry

Greetings! The lactic acid in the milk helps to tenderize the meat. Lots of folks use buttermilk, too.

Buttermilk doe's work great. We season it with garlic, yellow onions and salt and white pepper. Then we burre mix it (run it through a food processor or blender) until smooth and then place the chicken in it. You can also use the same liquid for some fish, although if you put the fish in for longer than 2-3 hours the acid will actually break down the meat of the fish fillet. After it comes out of the liquid, drain it, bread it and its ready to be fried.

Back
Top Bottom