Hello from Eagle Rock California!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kuki

Assistant Cook
Hello everyone, what a great community, thanks for having me!

I am a single working mom of a 6 yr old boy, however this doesn't stop me from cooking constantly, growing everything edible under the sun and our my 5 hens around the yard. Just trying to raise this kid, with a slight knowledge of sustainable living in the city!

Looking forward to sharing some recipes and hanging out with you guys. Nice to meet you in advance.;)

wecome , Kuke, to DC......my grandma gave us a can of corn feed to feed her flock and we thought we were in heaven and fought for the right....she had to designate which days of the week were ours to feed them......I bet your son just has a ball taking care of your 5 hens.....free-range hens were a part of my growing up.....they wandered wherewithal and were smart enough to dodge cars on the dirt roads......chickens are not dumb.....except when you try and give them a bath....which at age 4 and 3 my sister in crime tried to attempt...repeat.....do not do it......do not do it.....the hens are NOT appreciative and do let go of their internal functions if you attempt as well as their feathers in a fright.....not a pretty sight.....not a pretty sight and yes, feathers do smell when wet

wecome , Kuke, to DC......my grandma gave us a can of corn feed to feed her flock and we thought we were in heaven and fought for the right....she had to designate which days of the week were ours to feed them......I bet your son just has a ball taking care of your 5 hens.....free-range hens were a part of my growing up.....they wandered wherewithal and were smart enough to dodge cars on the dirt roads......chickens are not dumb.....except when you try and give them a bath....which at age 4 and 3 my sister in crime tried to attempt...repeat.....do not do it......do not do it.....the hens are NOT appreciative and do let go of their internal functions if you attempt as well as their feathers in a fright.....not a pretty sight.....not a pretty sight and yes, feathers do smell when wet

LOL...your story is cracking me up! I had no idea these girls would be such great pets. I come home from work and they run up to me like dogs..(of course they know I have treats)...but its so fun! They are always sneaking in the house, but the house rules are strict as far as *people* that have no control over bodily functions. They are cute lil poopers tho...and the eggs are divine....wherever they decide to lay them!

Hello everyone, what a great community, thanks for having me!

I am a single working mom of a 6 yr old boy, however this doesn't stop me from cooking constantly, growing everything edible under the sun and our my 5 hens around the yard. Just trying to raise this kid, with a slight knowledge of sustainable living in the city!

Looking forward to sharing some recipes and hanging out with you guys. Nice to meet you in advance.;)

img_888646_0_660fb0776a382703b64b648d35233f98.gif

Back
Top Bottom