Hello From Perú

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davidoc

Assistant Cook
Greetings from Peru my name is david, I am a young entrepreneur dedicated to the processing of exotic fruits from the Andes. I love everything that you can cook the fruit, I hope to learn a lot from you.

then I present a fruit from the Andes of Peru, "Lucuma" hope some know him

Lucuma : a sweet and edible fruit of the Lucuma tree (Pouteria obovata, or Lucuma obovata), resembling a persimmon in appearance. The orange and yellow pulp of this exotic, sweet fruit was once hailed the “Gold of the Incas,” where it has been cultivated since ancient times. A native to the highlands of Peru, the fruit of the beautiful evergreen lucuma tree has been honored spiritually as well as in cuisine due to it’s exquisite composition. Today, lucuma continues to enjoy enormous popularity in its native lands, and in some countries is actually favored over classics like chocolate and vanilla as an ice cream flavor.

Lucuma.jpg

Sorry for my bad writing, my English is not good

Best regards

David Ortiz C.

Nice to hear from you, David. The Lucuma appears to be a handsome fruit with leaves similar to a pear tree. Hollies are about the only broad leaf evergreen I'm familiar with in my area. Maybe a concern like caffe britt can help you make this fruit available to us. No need to apologize for your English; it's quite understandable.

Welcome David. I hope to be able to try that fruit some day. I have almost never met a fruit I did not love.

Back
Top Bottom